Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

This Number Plate.

What's Hot

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Ex-motor bike racer, and all round nutbar Steve Parrish had PEN 15, and his wife had UP K 1M....

Parked side by side, well you work it out....

I was told this by a guy who worked at the Mercedes dealership where they were looked after....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    edited September 2014
    I always fancied

BO08 MAN

:D
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw one regularly a few years ago

AR50WLS

... rather good, I thought ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I saw one regularly a few years ago

AR50WLS

... rather good, I thought ;)

I wonder if it was a reference to this campaign -

http://www.urshirts.com/savethetrees.jpg

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    Alnico;342768" said:
    It might have been ARO at the end I suppose and he could have got a new car by now. He cut me up enough times to not forget him.
    Thinking about it now his might have been BA51 ARD (or possibly ARO) but it didn't leave you in much doubt as to what he was spelling.
    They don't exist either. Only checking as I was amazed they are so thorough in dispelling this type of plate, as per rhc's original post.
    Maybe it was a show plate? Would have been really funny if indeed it had slipped the net.
  • The System-X Common Code (component numbering scheme) was a combination of letters & numbers. They didn't have a list of prohibited codes, they just had in their Standard which defined the Common Code, a clause that said "Numbers and letters shall not be arranged in such a way as to spell socially unacceptable words" (or similar wording, it was a long time ago when I read that document).
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    ^
    A show plate is a fixed penalty these days and who knows what else in the way of fines.
    To say his driving was enthusiastic is an understatement. A likely lad you might say.

I don't think I could ever spend the kind of money these plates cost. It's just not something that bothers me all that much.
    I remember hearing that Lord Brocket spent £75k on 'A5 TON' years ago. Christ knows what it's worth now.
  • I've just got rid of 600SRO, which I'd had for 25 years, sold it with my Cobra. Kind of sad about that one, but hey ho.

The Lotus I just bought came with N3W CD on it. Which is kind of ironic, because our bassist still hasn't finished the new demo CD after fannying around with it for about a year.

• The Lotus I just bought came with N3W CD on it. Which is kind of ironic, because our bassist still hasn't finished the new demo CD after fannying around with it for about a year.

Then maybe you should considered upgrading the plate to 'N3W BA551ST R3QU1R3D' an see if he takes the hint?!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    I took this pic of the car that the owner of the shop 'Hard To Find Records' drives.
    As a record collector and DJ I think it's pretty cool.

(the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Lotus I just bought came with N3W CD on it. Which is kind of ironic, because our bassist still hasn't finished the new demo CD after fannying around with it for about a year.

Then maybe you should considered upgrading the plate to 'N3W BA551ST R3QU1R3D' an see if he takes the hint?!

He's Scottish. I'm waiting until September 18th.

In case he isn't granted a work permit?
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited September 2014

The Lotus I just bought came with N3W CD on it. Which is kind of ironic, because our bassist still hasn't finished the new demo CD after fannying around with it for about a year.

In case he isn't granted a work permit?

No, in case he gets deported with the rest of them. Mind you, with our record on deporting illegals, it could be a long job, if ever.

• I was on the A42 one day and saw a black Discovery with '666' on the plate, then within 20 miles a white one with 'MET444L'. Just the way 'metal' should should sound when you scream it :-)

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    What, with lots of fours in it?
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • My personal opinion is that anyone wanting a personalised number plate has a serious wont in them.

It reminds me of the kids at school who wrote their name a gazillion times on every book, jotter and desk.

A psychiatrist told me once a large amount of narcissists do the same and gravitate towards personalised number plates and similar. 

Of course some are trying to come across as fun and cool for having one, deeply sad, IMO of course.

• Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4780
    edited September 2014
    I'm quite happy that I have D10 as part of my plate number. If only the first letter was R
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Hows about "CUN 701 D" for a personal plate?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• I can think of a few acquaintances that would benefit from that one. 

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    I have ROK31Y on  my SLK...;-)

Random plate Inherited off parents car.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview