Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

This Number Plate.

What's Hot

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I can think of a few acquaintances that would benefit from that one. 

I'm hoping both me and viz aren't on that list........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was on the A42 one day and saw a black Discovery with '666' on the plate, then within 20 miles a white one with 'MET444L'. Just the way 'metal' should should sound when you scream it :-)

..444, the guy 5 minutes drive from the Beast.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_l said:
    I can think of a few acquaintances that would benefit from that one. 

I'm hoping both me and viz aren't on that list........

No, I'm not referring to anyone on here. I can see Drew stumping up some cash for D1 LDO, though.

• I could be persuaded to go with B3L LND.

• I don't think aryan is bad. Alright, there are some negative (albeit unfair) connotations. It's not in itself a racist term though.
    Use Your Brian
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24694
    It's easy to check if a plate exists or if it's urban myth... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/vehiclecheck

Sorry, but AR50 WLS doesn't exist, neither does BA57 ARD, J1 HAD, or S666 KKK.  If anyone has those plates on, they're not 'real'.

However, A5 TON is on a '96 Virage, ARY 41V is indeed on a Black Discovery, OBO 110X is on a '12 Porsche Panamera and PEN 14 is on a '09 Merc C220 Estate.

I once had a mate who's wife bought him a personalised plate 'SGS 21T' or something like that.  He thought it looked too 'ordinary' so had plates made up without the 'T' !  Basically, he drove around with fictitious plates on !
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Emp_Fab said:
    It's easy to check if a plate exists or if it's urban myth... http://www.autotrader.co.uk
    I definitely saw the plate PEN1S on a very expensive car, I told the wife about it the same day. It is not listed there though? It was about 10 years ago.
    That was Steve Parrish's number plate. When he was living in the Cambridge area. I did see him in it once, many years ago, not in the last 10 years (at least)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

There is no way that plate would ever have been issued - not a cat in hell's chance.  That's not to say it wasn't on the car you saw though !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Check out Parrish on Wiki. Looks kosher to me, mate. It's also an interesting read, he likes a prank.

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited September 2014

Steve Parrish did have a penis number plate but it was 'PEN 15' IIRC.  I also seem to remember reading a magazine article where he bought 'ORG 45M'  off of Linda Lovelace for some astronomical fee.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    Check out Parrish on Wiki. Looks kosher to me, mate. It's also an interesting read, he likes a prank.
    'Kosher' as in 'Legitimately issued by the DVLA / LVLO' ?  No way.  Absolutely no chance.  I worked in the vehicles dept of the DVLA for 4 years and that mark would never have been issued.  If you mean 'kosher' as in 'it was on his vehicle' then I can't comment - anyone can put anything on their car !

• My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15879
    /\ /\, that's all wrong, the cock's supposed to go inside the beemer.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited September 2014
    Maybe all the seats are occupied already?

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited September 2014

That's actually Antony Gormley delivering the missing piece of the Angel Of The North.  It's taken a while to be finalised as they were negotiating a sponsorship deal with MTV & the makers of Geordie Shore.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5603
    edited September 2014
    Emp_Fab said:
    It's easy to check if a plate exists or if it's urban myth... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/vehiclecheck

Sorry, but AR50 WLS doesn't exist, neither does BA57 ARD, J1 HAD, or S666 KKK.  If anyone has those plates on, they're not 'real'.

In truth Emp, It may not have been an 'S' in front of the 666 KKK bit. That's not the bit that stuck out.
    Not seen it for a while but it used to come through town regularly. Definitely exists, whether or not it is a legal DVLA plate is another matter.

There was a (?)* 666KKK on a VW, certainly was when I was working at VW, as it was on the VW database.

*IIRC it was K666 KKK.