• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14266
    I like 'Sign Of The Times'

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2988
    Yes quite a few m measured by a number of metrics
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1558
    Shovelling fish bait into the sea..

I think we're gonna need a bigger boat...
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    Yes he has
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    My daughters both say he has.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3500
    Yes, his albums are both great. He’s a superstar who’s got a lot to give and will be here for a long time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667
    He stopped Porcupine Tree getting to number 1 in the album charts. Burn the little fucker.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5320
    I kinda hate myself for saying this…..but we’ve got his CD on in the car as my Daughter loves him & his bloody wavy hair…..and the music ain’t too shabby either (but don’t tell my Daughter)  B)
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5852
    He or his writing team? I just assumed he was singing someone else's songs like the rest of thrm like a glorified karaoke singer? 
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 877
    I like the stuff I’ve heard. I think he was album of the week on Ken Bruce about a month ago. Some had a 70’s vibe and a nice groove.
    I think it’s quite good when someone seems to go beyond the usual ‘talent show/boy band’ limitations and pushes their boundaries a little.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74496
    He or his writing team? I just assumed he was singing someone else's songs like the rest of thrm like a glorified karaoke singer? 
    He has a co-writing credit on all his songs. None of them are a sole credit to him though, so what percentage of the input is his is uncertain, unless you know the details.

He's a lot more than a glorified karaoke singer though - the first two albums are very good, I haven't got the third one yet.

For what it's worth Elvis Presley didn't write his own songs, and most people wouldn't describe him as a karaoke singer. I also think Harry Styles may be a better actor than Elvis...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    He has a co-writing credit on all his songs. None of them are a sole credit to him though, so what percentage of the input is his is uncertain, unless you know the details.

He's a lot more than a glorified karaoke singer though - the first two albums are very good, I haven't got the third one yet.

For what it's worth Elvis Presley didn't write his own songs, and most people wouldn't describe him as a karaoke singer. I also think Harry Styles may be a better actor than Elvis...
    I'm happy to be proved wrong, I just cant get over the x factor start. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    ICBM said:

Imagine if you were judged on what you did as a 16 year old when you were 28...
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1018
    Imagine if you were judged on what you did as a 16 year old when you were 28...
    Imagine being more successful at 16 than any of your critics have ever been, and build upon that success right the way through to your late twenties. 
    Why do some people feel the need to pull others down?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8684

If he hadn't gone on X factor he could still be trying to make a go of it with White Eskimo.  :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3500
    ICBM said:

What about the great band White Eskimo he was in and gigging with around Northwich before X factor?   
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    He's clearly a cut above your average teen drafted into a pop band. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4499
    Has he made a good record?
    Does it matter? 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1558
    ICBM said:

"Change a word, earn a third..."
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    edited July 2022
    Bunch of goons :D, if it wasn't for xfactor and being attractive he would not be where he is today,, its not talent it's a modeling and karaoke competition,