Harry styles

What's Hot

Comments

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3500
    Bunch of goons, if it wasn't for xfactor and being attractive he would not be where he is today,, its not talent it's a modeling and karaoke competition,

whats your beef with him? Hes incredibly talented and worked very hard for 15 years to get to the very top, and is great bloke. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3594
    Bunch of goons, if it wasn't for xfactor and being attractive he would not be where he is today,, its not talent it's a modeling and karaoke competition,

whats your beef with him? Hes incredibly talented and worked very hard for 15 years to get to the very top, and is great bloke. 
    It's evident he's having a proper go at it...and he's ear-wormed me on more than one occasion ;-/
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1018
    Why so much negativity?
    he’d be the first person to cheer you on as you play smoke on the water in your bedroom
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5852
    BlueStrat said:
    Why so much negativity?
    he’d be the first person to cheer you on as you play smoke on the water in your bedroom
    Haha assuming much, I think you will find I have never played anyone else's songs, (apart from nick drake) and the bands I have been in more experimental than  you could dream of of me laddo. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    BlueStrat said:
    Why so much negativity?
    Haha assuming much, I think you will find I have never played anyone else's songs, (apart from nick drake) and the bands I have been in more experimental than  you could dream of of me laddo. 
    The best part about all of this then, is the constant comparisons to Nick Drake that get made about Harry Styles  =)

But of course youll know that, as youve clearly heard his albums enough to form judgement 
    BlueStrat said:
    Why so much negativity?
    The best part about all of this then, is the constant comparisons to Nick Drake that get made about Harry Styles  =)

But of course youll know that, as youve clearly heard his albums enough to form judgement 
    You got me, I love styles, love him, his like a modern day Tim Smith to me (RIP) 
    BlueStrat said:
    Why so much negativity?

You got me, I love styles, love him, his like a modern day Tim Smith to me (RIP) 
    Tims alive and well. He just hasnt done anything since he left Noel High Flying Birds
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1018
    BlueStrat said:
    Why so much negativity?
    I have some pretty whacky dreams…
    BlueStrat said:
    Why so much negativity?

Tims alive and well. He just hasnt done anything since he left Noel High Flying Birds
    Lol wrong Tim :D 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    BlueStrat said:
    Why so much negativity?

That's the "happy to be proven wrong" attitude we love so much about this site
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1127
    edited July 2022
    His new album is great... It's got some fantastic grown-up, modern pop songs throughout it.

My wife doesn't like Rockabilly or Americana which I'll play on my own so we play lots of more modern music when in the car...

Golden of one his earlier albums is also a brilliant Indie/pop tune.

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8684
    Pound shop Robbie Williams just better looking, better voice, better songs and he's not a knob head. 

Oh, hang on... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    I actually liked One Direction, up to a point. Like probably almost all rock musicians I dismissed them at first as a Made For TV band, then one of my kids got heavily into them - so I decided that before I would pass judgement I should at least listen to their albums. I also watched some sort of DVD documentary of them on tour or something... I came away thinking that while they were not the Beatles, they were at least reasonably talented boys who worked pretty hard and took the opportunity they were given, and didn't seem to have let it go to their heads. They also had a good team of writers and producers to work with, and the music wasn't actually bad at all.

I was reminded very much of the Monkees, in fact... which you could pretty much say the same about.

She did eventually grow out of them and has moved on to much more diverse and interesting music, but maybe if she'd never started listening to One Direction she wouldn't have done, so I'm not going to condemn them. I do think Harry Styles has turned out to be the one with the most talent, too - and he really isn't a bad actor either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• markvmarkv Frets: 463
    In our house, he is known as Harris Tiles.

My daughter likewise plays his stuff around the house a lot. I've been listening to the album Fine Line a lot recently as a result and rather enjoying it. Good quality pop music.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    I do quite like some of his solo stuff, but he kinda sits in the middle ground for me - much better than his X Factor origins would have you believe, but not quite the musical genius some tout him to be. He has one hell of a band though. I don’t even like the original of this song, but love this version, the drummer in particular is stand out.

https://youtu.be/Tqm7-zN5s8k
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1065
    edited July 2022

It's evident he's having a proper go at it...and he's ear-wormed me on more than one occasion ;-/
    His ‘As It Was’ song is a real ear worm for me atm. It’s a brilliant pop song.

• digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3594
    duotone said:

His ‘As It Was’ song is a real ear worm for me atm. It’s a brilliant pop song.

Yeah, that was one of them! It sounds like the kind of 80s-ness that John Mayer* was shooting for on the last album but kinda missed.

Look at that: 2'45"...proper pop ;)

* I realise I'm adding fuel to the fire here...no need for anybody to continue the John Mayer stuff on this thread! 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    Musicians have always been in talent shows .. it's just there never used to be a TV audience. Johnny Cash, The Beatles, Elvis etc all got their start by auditioning themselves playing covers  .... Just like X factor. Abba got their start in what was basically an International X factor but f#ck me they could write a tune!

I like some Harry Styles stuff, it's just a bit too "songwriter team formula" driven for me. It's very safe and inoffensive which I find a bit bland. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • CaseOfAce said:
    Shovelling fish bait into the sea..

I think we're gonna need a bigger boat...

Yikes - I didn't realise this would be so contentious.....
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13736

I'd assume he's the guy from the chicken factory...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...