Acoustic Guitar Amps

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    Ah, thanks for the clarification. I've not used the Pure Mini (and don't often use the Loudbox Mini these days), so was extrapolating badly, obviously :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4779
    Snags said:
    Ah, thanks for the clarification. I've not used the Pure Mini (and don't often use the Loudbox Mini these days), so was extrapolating badly, obviously :)
    Memories can play tricks, too. K&K is good stuff. At the open mic I play at, there have been lots of guitars coming and going with undersaddle piezo pickups and factory-fitted built-in preamps. Generally (to be fair) guitars that were built to a price point and not using the best electronics, I'd guess. Quacky and/or lifeless. My K&K-equipped guitar into a FlyRig Acoustic has the most natural "made of wood" sound of all of them, only matched by the open mic hosts, who play into a Boss guitar/vocal pedal that has some sort of digital IR/body simulation - in effect, modelling the sound as much as amplifying it, but also good to listen to
  • I've owned an AER compact 60, a Fishman Loudbox and now use an Acus. Taking everything into account I prefer the Acus.
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 368
    Thanks for all the responses to my question. I ended up going for a used AER Compact 60/2 in excellent condition. With my Furch and a Baggs M1 passive it sounds bloody lovely with everything flat and the contour engaged, the reverbs are really nice too. My first acoustic amp although I heard a lot of a bandmate’s AER quite a while back. I think this will do me and I love the small size.
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!