Very Valley Arts Lukather - new from Charvel

What's Hot
KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
edited June 2022 in Guitar
Knowing how much of a Lukather fan I am, dindude kindly alerted me to this and there's more than a nod to the above

Good spec and not bad for around £1300 mark and they're due to hit these shores in October.

https://www.charvel.com/gear/shape/so-cal/style-1/marco-sfogli-signature-pro-mod-so-cal-style-1-hss-fr-cm-qm/2966036592

I'm not sure if there are any other finishes available although Marco plays a pink one in a demo video
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• normula1normula1 Frets: 662
    That's right up my street. I always lusted after Luke's blue Valley Arts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 954
    Oooh - that's nice!
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    That looks sick! Given charvel's usual quality, that could end up being an awesome boutique-style superstrat at a quite reasonable price point.

I also like that they used the rounder so-cal body contours, but did a modern heel. Nice touch.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1065
    As a Steve Lukather fan it looks brilliant.  We need more purple guitars!

Is anyone familiar with those pickups? 

“Given Sfogli’s propensity to cut across genres ranging from progressive metal to jazz, he required extremely versatile and well-balanced pickups in an HSS configuration. He selected an EMG® ’89 for the bridge, which houses separate preamps and coils to deliver that warm and powerful humbucker punch along with that bright and chiming single-coil sound. A pair of active EMG® SA single-coil pickups in the middle and neck positions bring even more of that unmistakable Strat® sound— bright and airy with rich low end. Tap into these expansive tonal options using the five-way blade pickup switch, tone control and volume control with push/pull coil splitting for the bridge pickup.“
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4635
    I prefer the sunburst /gold hardware type he used to be pictured with  with the EMG pickups 
      The new cherry burst is close but you would need the gold hardware black pearloid guard & emg ‘s to look close 

• Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1790
    Yeah I’ve got 2 guitars with exactly those pickups and they are excellent. My guitars don’t however have a conventional tone control (treble roll off) they both have SPCs and one also has an EXG as well.

personally I don’t often use the single coil model on the 89, although it’s excellent.

I’m really happy to see this guitar at this kind of price. When I saw Marco Sfoglis original custom order and the price of it (about 4 times more than this one) 

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:

* Hamer SS2 & T62
    * Music Man Luke 1

Please drop me a message.

* Hamer SS2 & T62
    * Music Man Luke 1

• dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    That looks sick! Given charvel's usual quality, that could end up being an awesome boutique-style superstrat at a quite reasonable price point.

I also like that they used the rounder so-cal body contours, but did a modern heel. Nice touch.
    Yeah the rear contours are a really nice touch, may even take a little weight out. Really like the vibe of this even if locking trems and active pickups aren’t usually my thing. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    It looks real nice although I have moved away from Floyds somewhat, plus I do like a dark fretboard
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2572
    edited June 2022
    It is a nice looking guitar, but it also perfectly demonstrates how quickly the oft discussed recent huge spikes in pricing have become embedded in our pysche such that everyone now feels £1,300+ for a Mexican (or is it Indonesian?) made guitar is good value.

I know the artist cut needs considering etc, but 2 or 3 years ago pretty much everyone on here would have baulked at paying even £899 for this.  For further reading/a balanced view, re-read every recent Epiphone thread.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    StefB said:
    It is a nice looking guitar, but it also perfectly demonstrates how quickly the oft discussed recent huge spikes in pricing have become embedded in our pysche such that everyone now feels £1,300+ for a Mexican (or is it Indonesian?) made guitar is good value.

I know the artist cut needs considering etc, but 2 or 3 years ago pretty much everyone on here would have baulked at paying even £899 for this.  For further reading/a balanced view, re-read every recent Epiphone thread.
    Mexican
    Kebabkid said:
    StefB said:

Mexican
    You know what - reading the points I get it - and I do agree with all of them. I think I was pie-eyed with excitement with the overall design, features and finish etc.

* Hamer SS2 & T62
    * Music Man Luke 1

• dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    StefB said:

Yeah don’t disagree, it could do with being more like £1000. At its core it’ll be the same build as a £800-£900 pro mod, so you’re paying £500 for the flame top, roasted neck, EMG’s, artist tie in. But they’ll probably churn out less of these, and it’s not enough to put me off if it was a killer guitar. 
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1836
    I'm already looking at what I can sell to get one of these.....

I had a very Luke VA looking Charvel a few years back that I regret selling (usual story...)
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1065
    axisus said:
    It looks real nice although I have moved away from Floyds somewhat, plus I do like a dark fretboard
    Completely agree about the fretboard. Perhaps not the best stock image to use.
  • I’d look at this way … if that guitar was made by Suhr in the USA it would probably cost £4,000. Just looked at the new signature moderns, they’re £3999! Really, if you get a decent one of these and get it set up properly there’s not going to be much in it! 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15282
    EMG-SA = blade polepiece.
    EMG-SLV = rod magnets

They sound and "feel" different. My preference is the -SLV.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 740
    I was listening to PFM before Marco Sfogli was born.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    Litterick said:
    I was listening to PFM before Marco Sfogli was born.
    Me, too
  • Did I miss the headstock photos? Could make or break it.....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom