Very Valley Arts Lukather - new from Charvel

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1065
    Did I miss the headstock photos? Could make or break it.....
    If you click on Gallery it has the front & back of the headstock

https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Zoom/10009/2966036592_cha_ins_hft_1_nr.png

https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Zoom/10009/2966036592_cha_ins_hbk_1_nr.png

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25113
    edited June 2022
    StefB said:
    It is a nice looking guitar, but it also perfectly demonstrates how quickly the oft discussed recent huge spikes in pricing have become embedded in our pysche such that everyone now feels £1,300+ for a Mexican (or is it Indonesian?) made guitar is good value.

I know the artist cut needs considering etc, but 2 or 3 years ago pretty much everyone on here would have baulked at paying even £899 for this.  For further reading/a balanced view, re-read every recent Epiphone thread.
    This is true, but prices aren't going to go down just because we want them to or because we think they "should". 

We don't have to buy them, but even if we did refuse to buy, en masse, it wouldn't force them to reduce prices.  More likely they'd reduce production quantities - and possibly increase the prices even further.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25113
    It looks great, by the way.  Charvel make some guitars which would really appeal to me, if only they'd make some with fatter necks.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 14035
    Did I miss the headstock photos? Could make or break it.....
    Come on, it isn't a Gibson...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PetrogliPetrogli Frets: 34
    Marco Sfogli is a monster player, I'm pleased for him that he's got a new sig instrument out with a major company.

Not my cup of tea at all, well apart from the finish, but I hope FMIC shift a load of these.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Philly_Q said:
    It looks great, by the way.  Charvel make some guitars which would really appeal to me, if only they'd make some with fatter necks.
    This, a SoCal, or one of those pink DK24’s with a fat ass neck would be dreamy 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3168
    I also begrudge paying more for Mexican or Indonesian made guitars but on the up side, the quality of these guitars are so so much better than they were 10+ years ago.

The Indonesian made Iceman 7 String I bought recently has brilliantly finished frets and fretboard edges, well cut/shaped nut and a all round great quality feel. You wouldn’t have expected that years ago.

It does hurt the wallet but at least the quality has greatly improved.
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 391
    necro-bumping- anyone played one?

• carloscarlos Frets: 3692
    StefB said:
    It is a nice looking guitar, but it also perfectly demonstrates how quickly the oft discussed recent huge spikes in pricing have become embedded in our pysche such that everyone now feels £1,300+ for a Mexican (or is it Indonesian?) made guitar is good value.

I know the artist cut needs considering etc, but 2 or 3 years ago pretty much everyone on here would have baulked at paying even £899 for this.  For further reading/a balanced view, re-read every recent Epiphone thread.
    Yes, silly price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jimificationjimification Frets: 166

Very nice but you really can't be playing a guitar like this without a pretty decent sized rack in the background. Just doesn't look right without it!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1790
    edited July 2023
    I think it looks absolutely fab, I love the design and appointments….

….- the only thing I don’t like is the toasty, roasty, char-grilled, toffee flavoured, oh so ubiquitous torrified bollocks maple neck and board in it‘s fetching post kebab 4.30AM surprise shit shade.

It’s totally my personal opinion clearly, but I’d prefer a more boring tinted maple neck and board (like an old Music Man from the late 80s/early 90s) or an Ebony board on a lovely looking guitar like that, but not that chicken gravy brown….
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:

* Hamer SS2 & T62
    * Music Man Luke 1

Please drop me a message.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    Like most "cheap" Charvels I bet it weighs a bloody ton :(   does look lovely though
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1822
    This looks very nice and in the style of those VA super strats of old
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 703
    Just bought a used one as I was about to pull the trigger on a new one..

Plays great, typical slim Charvel neck but not too thin, roasted maple so feels great. 
    Floyd 1000 seems fine , feels good and no tuning issues, may loosen the springs a touch. 
    The EMG’s sound superb, neck is lovely and round and woody, humbucker sounds fat and tight, the in between positions 2 and 4 are great too. Coil split is really nice, works well. 

Loving it so far, bloody lovely. 
    #thebatesmotelband
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1365
    Great looking guitar, all charvels I played were top banana, why on earth a top mounted jack plate though?