McCartney on the front cover of Radio Times with a Taylor acoustic...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Kilgore said:
    Sometimes, musicians just play instruments without endorsing anything...

Not often, admittedly, but sometimes.
    Maybe he needs the money? 
    Probably, must be down to his last half billion by now.
    if it wasn't for Allen Klein and Lee Eastman he'd be far richer. I suppose there's all that sausage money too though.
    Also, Brian Epstein made a massive mistake with the merchandising rights. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PjonPjon Frets: 313
    Kilgore said:
    The most shocking thing about that magazine cover is seeing Lenny Henry has been knighted! 
    I know. You co-found a charity that has raised over £1 billion for poverty relief, spend a large part of your career campaigning for greater diversity in the arts. Star in everything from Tiswas to Othello and they give you a Knighthood. What's the world coming to!  ;)
    Could be worse. Bonnie Tyler got an MBE for services to music recently. :D 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    Pjon said:
    Kilgore said:
    The most shocking thing about that magazine cover is seeing Lenny Henry has been knighted! 
    I know. You co-found a charity that has raised over £1 billion for poverty relief, spend a large part of your career campaigning for greater diversity in the arts. Star in everything from Tiswas to Othello and they give you a Knighthood. What's the world coming to!  ;)
    Could be worse. Bonnie Tyler got an MBE for services to music recently. :D 
    she got an OBE for promising to retire
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1847
    Kilgore said:
    Loads of people do great charity work,even people who are 'nobodies' and of all cultures and ethnicities and good luck to them all. But I despise the whole set up and even one of my all time heroes,Kenny Dalglish has been knighted yet I still despise the concept. My only recent viewing of Lenny Hennry is plugging Premier Inn hotels. 
    I'm not sure why you took my comment so personally though. Are you in the running?
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Kilgore said:
    Loads of people do great charity work,even people who are 'nobodies' and of all cultures and ethnicities and good luck to them all. But I despise the whole set up and even one of my all time heroes,Kenny Dalglish has been knighted yet I still despise the concept. My only recent viewing of Lenny Hennry is plugging Premier Inn hotels. 
    I'm not sure why you took my comment so personally though. Are you in the running?
    Er... I didn't take it personally (the winking emoji should have given a hint that my post was playfull) .

I was simply pointing out that when it comes to handing out gongs to celebrities, Lenny Henry is more deserving than most. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PALPAL Frets: 539
    Also plays hand built K.Yairi acoustic !
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1847
    Kilgore said:
    Kilgore said:
    Er... I didn't take it personally (the winking emoji should have given a hint that my post was playfull) .

I was simply pointing out that when it comes to handing out gongs to celebrities, Lenny Henry is more deserving than most. 
    Sorry,I forgot about this post. Fair play regarding Lenny Henry seeing as he is a frequent charity fundraiser and organiser.