Got any trivial wife/partner disagreement issues?

What's Hot

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited June 2022
    My comfortable walking speed is about double my wife's.

She likes to hold hands or link arms, which might seem romantic but the main reason is to stop me racing off ahead.
    It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    When we were house hunting I wanted to buy a converted lighthouse, but the missus said she didn't want anything too flashy.
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11682
    Every single summer holiday spent in a hot country (including the one I'm currently enjoying):

Mrs O: "Put on some (factor 30) sun cream and get in the sun."

O: "I'm quite happy reading thanks."

"You'll look stupid going home A4 white."

"You've known me 30 years.  I always go home A4 white. You know I burn and you know I don't like lying in strong sunlight."

Pause for 10-15 minutes.

"Why don't you get in the pool?"

"Maybe later."

"Stop being so boring.  You're on holiday.  Come and enjoy yourself."

"I AM enjoying myself."

"Come on, get in the pool."

"I DON'T WANT TO GET IN THE BLOODY POOL!"

Stony silence for 10 minutes.

"Well if you're going to be boring and not enjoy yourself, you can go and make me a G&T."

Sound of Offset's teeth grinding and Kindle being closed.  Ad infinitum, for the duration of the holiday.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896
    Fishboy7 said:
    Explaining how central heating thermostats work
    Not just my Mrs then.  It's the same with the climate control in cars.  
    I have worked in modern office blocks where the management have had to fit locked metal covers over the Aircon controls in meeting rooms. Some people walk in, think "it's too hot", and turn it down to minimum, e.g. 16C, then someone else comes in 2 hours later, sets it to 28C
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited June 2022
    Four times. I have to tell her everything four fucking times.

EG - The boiler's not coming on/can I have a shower? conversation -

Her - The boiler's not coming on.
    Me - That's because I set the thermostat a bit lower.
    Her - But it's not coming on.
    Me - ( A little more stridently) Yes, I know. It's because I set the thermostat a bit lower.
    Her - But it normally comes on around now.
    Me -  (Even more stridently) Yes, I know, it's because I set the thermostat lower. We need to economise a bit.
    Her - Well, is the water still going to be warm for a shower? I mean, the boiler's usually on at this time.
    Me - (Shouting) YES, now go and have a fucking shower, for fuck's sake!

This kind of scenario is repeated all the time, but with differing objects, and at differing times of the day. The one constant is she will NEVER take my first answer. Never. Or the second, or the third.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    edited June 2022

Me - ( A little more stridently) Yes, I know. It's because I set the thermostat a bit lower.
    Me -  (Even more stridently) Yes, I know, it's because I set the thermostat higher. We need to economise a bit.
    Her - Well, is the water still going to be warm for a shower? I mean, the boiler's usually on at this time.

This kind of scenario is repeated all the time, but with differing objects, and at differing times of the day. The one constant is she will NEVER take my first answer. Never. Or the second, or the third.

I’ve been with missus munckee for exactly as long as she was with her parents, 22 years. She still phones her dad to check when she doesn’t believe my answer, like the time she was convinced Bryan Adams was in the Police, or insisted there isnt a space station..,,,
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18750
    Fishboy7 said:
    I have worked in modern office blocks where the management have had to fit locked metal covers over the Aircon controls in meeting rooms. Some people walk in, think "it's too hot", and turn it down to minimum, e.g. 16C, then someone else comes in 2 hours later, sets it to 28C
    At the Uni. where I used to work, they set a standard temperature for office areas of 21ºC.
    This was part of an organisational energy use reduction strategy
    We then found that many of the female staff were buying individual electric fan heaters & running them under their desks...
    As they were not work equipment or PA tested, they were told to remove them from the premises.
    Did any conflicts arise? Well, amongst other comments, we were all 'nazis'...  s
    Do I miss these irreconcilable internecine conflicts? Do I bloody hell, not at all...
    * For clarity, there were no male members that were found to have provided their own supplementary heating, so the mention of sex was for accuracy & context, not as criticism.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Fishboy7 said:
    At the Uni. where I used to work, they set a standard temperature for office areas of 21ºC.
    This was part of an organisational energy use reduction strategy
    We then found that many of the female staff were buying individual electric fan heaters & running them under their desks...
    As they were not work equipment or PA tested, they were told to remove them from the premises.
    Did any conflicts arise? Well, amongst other comments, we were all 'nazis'...  s
    Do I miss these irreconcilable internecine conflicts? Do I bloody hell, not at all...
    * For clarity, there were no male members that were found to have provided their own supplementary heating, so the mention of sex was for accuracy & context, not as criticism.

Well women feel colder than men, so they probably had a point.

The correct room temperature I've found is 22°C to keep most people happy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    munckee said:
    like the time she was convinced Bryan Adams was in the Police, 
    well he was in the Mounties

(may not actually be true)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    @munckee Does she think you've rigged Google or something?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    Snags said:
    She doesn’t believe me* or google only her dad. 

*to be fair there is history to this. I told her once that McDonald’s didn’t call their fries “potato fries” because they are made of wheat. I forgot all about it until she mentioned this “fact” in front of a group of friends in McDonalds some while later.  
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Stevepage said:
    We usually argue over who's phone should connect to the in car stereo, it usually automatically connects to hers over mine so we end up listening to her terrible choice in music

That would drive me fucking bonkers.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Dav275Dav275 Frets: 293
    Fishboy7 said:

The correct room temperature I've found is 16°C to keep most people  me happy. 

Imagine the "discussions" between my wife and I in our house!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896
    munckee said:
    Snags said:
    She doesn’t believe me* or google only her dad. 

*to be fair there is history to this. I told her once that McDonald’s didn’t call their fries “potato fries” because they are made of wheat. I forgot all about it until she mentioned this “fact” in front of a group of friends in McDonalds some while later.  
    I can remember people in the 80s saying they were made from some rice paste
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rhinofeetrhinofeet Frets: 102
    My wife opens a new packet of pasta, biscuits etc every time without looking for an open packet. The backs of our cupboards are full of 3/4 packs of spaghetti and it drives me crazy.

She also hangs the toilet roll underhand which is just impractical.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    this is turning into an "annoyance"  rather than "disagreement"  thread,  which I believe already exists ? 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    Well women feel colder than men, so they probably had a point.

The correct room temperature I've found is 22°C to keep most people happy. 
    22C is a nice summer day. 
    19C is still warm but uses a lot less energy; if someone is chilly at 19C perhaps wear a jumper not a t shirt
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    My comfortable walking speed is about double my wife's.

She likes to hold hands or link arms, which might seem romantic but the main reason is to stop me racing off ahead.
    That’s my Mrs too, her walking speed is slightly slower than a snail and she hold hands so I don’t wander off during her regular stops to look in shop windows. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    bertie said:
    this is turning into an "annoyance"  rather than "disagreement"  thread,  which I believe already exists ? 

Who cares?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365

Me -  (Even more stridently) Yes, I know, it's because I set the thermostat lower. We need to economise a bit.

Sorry, I don’t get your point. Can you post it another three times and then I might understand. 

;) 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom