• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2052
    Real Love
    A Day In The Life
    Help
    Cry Baby
    I Feel Fine
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Yesterday my collated solo arrangement utilising a diminished aproach in places and michele like quote here there ...
     i keep meaning to have a go at this,  arranged by alex who used to frequent this board till he sadly passed  .... sublime arrangement ... x

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    Penny Lane is very satisfying to play on piano, fits easily under the fingers and moves around nicely.

On acoustic I like playing Piggies, Here Comes the Sun and the version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps from the Love Cirque de Soleil album - which paints me as a bigger Harrison Fan Boy than I actually am, it's just that my voice fits his range better than Lennon and McCartney (and I don't like playing with other musicians to pick up the vocal slack)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    Tommy Emmanuel does some clever reductions for solo acoustic guitar.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10414
    I've done just about every song off the first 4 albums over the years. When I was a kid it was all worked out by ear and we got some of it wrong so recently I've been revisiting the old songs and listening more carefully. 

While my guitar gently weeps, works as a solo piece, so does A day in the life and Norwegian Wood and many others. 

Lady Madonna is good fun on the piano with the octave bass line and bluesy notes. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Why Don't We Do It In The Road

you are dudley moore and icmf ... ;)   "why dont we do it in the road , what kind of facking song is that ... !"
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 525
    Faves for me:
    Hey Bulldog (great solo)
    Paperback Writer
    I’ll Cry Instead (nice rockabilly feel)
    Dear Prudence
    It Won’t Be Long (some great chords) 
    Penny Lane (ditto)
    I Saw Her Standing There
    Taxman (never quite got the solo right)
    If I Needed Someone
    Nowhere Man (great on a Strat)
    Day Tripper
    Dr Robert 
    I’m Looking Through You
    Michelle (great chords)
    Getting Better
    Can’t Buy Me Love
    She Said She Said
    Ticket To Ride
    I’m Only Sleeping
    Honey Pie (nice jazz chords)
    +loads more

• markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    We play a slightly rocked up version of day tripper in my bands set. Always goes down well. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    edited June 2022
    CaseOfAce said:
    I Feel Fine - that dominant 7th chord intro where he reaches across with his little finger for a note is absolute Lennon genius. 
    I would never have thought to play something like that.
    It's not easy to play as well (I'm guessing it was easier for Lennon on a smaller scale Rickenbacker neck?).
    I think that John played his Gibson acoustic with mag soundhole pickup through an amp on this one.  I actually find it easier to play on longer scale guitars, my biggest problem is that it makes me want to grip so tightly that I'm going out of tune.  I have to keep telling myself to relax.

• notanonnotanon Frets: 609
    All my loving, especially George's part.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3132
    Honey Pie fab chord progression and if you play with chord voicings can come up with a jazz cafe ripoff very satisfying 

( If you have a look at it, ignore the introduction, use C7 shape for the Eflat then B7 shape for the E D and A then normal G or Gbarre … works for me)
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1857
    Penny Lane is very satisfying to play on piano, fits easily under the fingers and moves around nicely.

On acoustic I like playing Piggies, Here Comes the Sun and the version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps from the Love Cirque de Soleil album - which paints me as a bigger Harrison Fan Boy than I actually am, it's just that my voice fits his range better than Lennon and McCartney (and I don't like playing with other musicians to pick up the vocal slack)
    I think the Cirque du Soleil version is excellent. I capo around fret 5 for a higher pitched sound too.
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1346
    Musicwolf said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    I Feel Fine - that dominant 7th chord intro where he reaches across with his little finger for a note is absolute Lennon genius. 
    It's not easy to play as well (I'm guessing it was easier for Lennon on a smaller scale Rickenbacker neck?).
    I think that John played his Gibson acoustic with mag soundhole pickup through an amp on this one.  I actually find it easier to play on longer scale guitars, my biggest problem is that it makes me want to grip so tightly that I'm going out of tune.  I have to keep telling myself to relax.

He did it on acoustic?! I didn't know that...
    I heard a story that when he wrote it he wanted to try and fit that riff or something all over the album cos he was enamoured with it...

...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Michelle.
    One of my favourite chord sequences is the D#Aug, D6, C#7 run in the bridge of It Won’t Be Long (‘Since you left me I’m so alone….’)
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    CaseOfAce said:
    Musicwolf said:
    CaseOfAce said:

I heard a story that when he wrote it he wanted to try and fit that riff or something all over the album cos he was enamoured with it...

does this cover it ?

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    bertie said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    Musicwolf said:
    CaseOfAce said:

does this cover it ?

Should be a Tennessean rather than Country Gent for the George bits :) 

(Sorry, I just love Beatles trivia)
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited June 2022
    26.2 said:

Should be a Tennessean rather than Country Gent for the George bits  

(Sorry, I just love Beatles trivia)
    not sure John ever played a Taylor either,   thank fuck there were no bass parts then

=)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.