SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN: 1983 Yamaha SA800 (MIJ)

What's Hot
DodgeDodge Frets: 1477
edited September 2022 in Guitars £
Really nice condition Yamaha SA800.  The SA series were made in Japan and Taiwan, this one is the more desirable Japanese ones.  I believe the pickups to be the Spinex ones of which there is a bit of fuss about.  I intended swapping them at some point but they sounded good enough for me to keep it stock.  It also comes with the low mass bridge which apparently improves the tone.

All original, nice and clean, no issues with fretwear and fully functional.  Comes with a rather battered hard case which has broken hinges.

No shipping on these one - I'm based near Cirencester but a meet up may be possible.  Not looking for any trades at this time.

WITHDRAWN pending a house move.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1477
    Bump for a stonking MIJ Yamaha.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lentolento Frets: 118
    edited July 2022
    Very good guitars. I have the blonde one as well as the SA 2200. The 800 sounds very different acoustically as the top and back are arched with extra wood. The Spinex and the low mass bridge were a nice addition coming from the top of the line SG 3000.

This is a 1983 model
    All in all a lot of excellent Japanese craftsmanship for not a lot of money ... GLWTS
    lento said:
    Very good guitars. I have one as well as the SA 2200. The 800 sounds very different acoustically as the top and back are arched with extra wood. The Spinex and the low mass bridge were a nice addition coming from the top of the line SG 3000.

This is a 1983 model
    All in all a lot of excellent Japanese craftsmanship for not a lot of money ... GLWTS

Why thank you good sir!
    edited July 2022
    Withdrawing this for the moment.
    For sale again.  Note to self:  Don't play a guitar you've advertised it for sale or you will fall in love with it again.

Currently with me near Cirencester but I can get it to Basingstoke, Hants and Prestwood, Bucks fairly easily.  Plus I'm off to Cornwall in a couple of weeks.
    Any interest before I chuck it on eBay?
    Bump for a cracking Yamaha.
    Bump.
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 88
    Just to add my 2p worth… having owned a 2200 and a 700 in the past… I actually enjoyed the 700 more. It didn’t seem so precious and delicate and seemed to me more capable of warm woody jazzy tones. Although the 2200 was without doubt a quality instrument. It was the 700 that I bonded with easier…. and the 800 is similar but with just that hint of refinement. 
    They are seriously lovely instruments. 
    Right now an Ibanez LR10 has my heart and soul in the slimline semi dept… but if I didn’t have that, I would likely be on my way up the motorway to this 800. 
    Thanks for the kind comments.
    Bump.  Headed to Hampshire this weekend if it helps with logistics.
    edited September 2022
    WITHDRAWN
    edited September 2022
    WITHDRAWN
  • Gorgeous colour.
    Gorgeous colour.

Agreed.  It's understated but still classy.
    I'm staggered this hasn't been snapped up at £750.  It's better built than a Gibson 335 at twice the price.

Anyone?  I'm open to a drive to meet up or you're welcome to come to the Cotswolds to try it out.
    Bump - if it's not gone soon, it'll be withdrawn and put into storage whilst I move house.

It'll be headed down to Hampshire for storage this Friday.  Collection from there may be possible with a bit of notice, but there will be no amps to try it with.  It won't be back with me until around December.
    Last bump before it's withdrawn for storage, not that anyone has been beating down my door.  ;-)

• Dodge said:
    Last bump before it's withdrawn for storage, not that anyone has been beating down my door.  ;-)

I’ve said this about a few guitars recently but it’s another example of a great guitar at a really good price that would have shot out of the door 6 months ago.  It’s bloody tough to sell anything at the moment , I think even the semi annual MikeS crazy sale would struggle atm
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom