Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wah wah what?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    I was tempted just due to space saving. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Deijavoo;345240" said:
    I was tempted just due to space saving. 
    Thats exactly why i bought one too

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2411
    edited September 2014
    ICBM said:
    True bypass mod and possibly a new pot if it's scratchy when it's on as well.

Less expensive than a new wah, and keeps the sound you like when it's on. There's nothing wrong with the standard Cry Baby circuit at all.
    Completely agree with this. 

The CAE doesn't really sound any different to a standard Crybaby it just has some useful extra features and a different sound as well.
    Yeah agreed. I used to dislike my crybaby, into my engl it sounded a bit thin i thought. with my other amps it sounds fine- with the yellow inductor selected (which is the closer one to the crybaby tone I think) the cae sounds maybe 5-10% sweeter (and you can adjust it easily with the trimpots, unlike the crybaby), and has the extra inductor for a totally different sound... but if the crybaby is the sound you want the CAE is overkill for twice the price.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17942
    edited September 2014 tFB Trader

The CAE doesn't really sound any different to a standard Crybaby it just has some useful extra features and a different sound as well.
    Not to be nit-picky, but...huh? Do you mean it has an option to switch to a different voicing?
    Yes it also offers a different sound (Red Fasel) in addition to the standard crybaby (Yellow Fasel)

I didn't phrase that very well did I.
  • Search for 'Icar taper pot' on eBay or just the web - get one with a dust cover if you can ~ I rescued my old Italian Jen Super Crybaby with one of those..
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• slateslate Frets: 89
    The Teese RMC3 is wonderful.
    That is all.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    I like the tremonti wah. 

I love switchless designs - apart from the bad horsie (owned both of them and quite like them), 95q (owned one for a while - nice enough standard crybaby sounds) and the weeping demon are there any other switchless wah's out there?