Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

which are the best wacky pedals ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited September 2014
    Appols for a terrible demo.

Starts sensible enough, starts getting weird a few minutes in and pretty much stays that way until the end. Though not in the demo, it's possible to dial in laser gun noises too ;) My favourite

Honorable mention has to go to the Rainbow Machine too.

Needless to say, a Korg Miku is on my GAS list...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Electro harmonix RTG. Worst wacky pedal.
  • Uglyface + LFO is a true noisy maniac machine (I got one build by juansolo)
    Any kind of ringmodulator - the Vetruvian mod from Subdecay seems nice
    The Digitech Whammy has been mentioned and the Electro Harmonix Slammi is in the same vein.
    Electro Harmonix has a few offerings: The Superego and Ravish sitar is two pedals that comes to mind.
    The Pigtronix Mothership is mentioned above, but I think the company offers several pedals that can get pretty bonkers.
    Z.wex has a lot of crazy stuff as well.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    mr_air said:
    Uglyface + LFO is a true noisy maniac machine (I got one build by juansolo)
    We did a collaboration with Grind Customs* on a PCB for that and can even get it into a 1590B (MXR) sized box now ;)

*We work with Grind a lot these days (quite a bit of stuff on the way from them that we've been involved with). Also there's a tube effect by TH Custom that's one of ours and an OD by Rullywow that's another. Gotta give back to the DIY community!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolo said:
    mr_air said:
    Uglyface + LFO is a true noisy maniac machine (I got one build by juansolo)
    We did a collaboration with Grind Customs* on a PCB for that and can even get it into a 1590B (MXR) sized box now ;)

*We work with Grind a lot these days (quite a bit of stuff on the way from them that we've been involved with). Also there's a tube effect by TH Custom that's one of ours and an OD by Rullywow that's another. Gotta give back to the DIY community!
    Wicked cool that you can fit the Uglyface + LFO into a 1590B - I love "big" pedals in small enclosures :-)
  • Another vote for the SuperEgo, although I found it tricky to get it to work consistently.
  • I want this rather a lot. Don't know how practical it would be, but it's certainly pretty wacky.

http://www.korg.com/us/products/effects/mikustomp/

• From my current collection one of the most fun experimental pedals has to be the Walrus Audio Janus. The fuzz and trem can be used in a straight forward manner, but the joystick controls allow for some amazing/unexpected sounds.
    The EQD Bit Commander and Fairfield Circuitry Randys Revenge are also well worth looking at.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3534
    Geiger Counter w/ a cv pedal. Makes it wilder AND more controllable if that makes sense.
  • I like ring modulators, though I've only ever had them bundled as part of multi fx units.

I like flangers to give unexpected sounds.

Another thing I like in certain contexts is a nice grainy analogue delay set just at the point of self oscillation. You get this constantly changing wash of sound sitting behind what you're playing. I love the randomness of that. Can sound messy though if I overplay.
  • Panda Granular Synth
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7927
    I've got a Rainbow Machine and Organ Machine on the way soon - they'll do for starters :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister