Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Looking for an OD/Distortion with 2 modes/switches

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31157
    @Gassage they seem to be as rare as hens teeth over here. 

I am guessing you have one>?
    No. I'd love one but frankly the CC1 and G2 cover all that ground. Still great pedals though.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    @meltedbuzzbox

King of Tone is....the King of Tone....!

Get Thorpy of this forum to build you a clone (if he hasn't already got one on sale on ebay)

I have one of his clones and it's superb.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31157
    edited September 2014
    @meltedbuzzbox

Have you considered the sublime Wampler Euphoria? It's maybe a little diff from what you want with its toggle, but I think they're the best OD on market bar none, and that includes anything that PC makes.

It's a monster of a pedal. Happy to loan you mine to try.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 620

TREX Moller OD has an OD with a voice switch and also a built in boost which can be used separately or in combo with the drive. Love mine.

Also, the CM2 Hardwire OD has 2 modes - a more "classic" tubescreamer type setting and a "modern" higher gain setting. Incredible bargain at the moment and sounds great.

• Gassage said:
    @meltedbuzzbox

King of Tone is....the King of Tone....!

Get Thorpy of this forum to build you a clone (if he hasn't already got one on sale on ebay)

I have one of his clones and it's superb.
    I've been eyeing one of those on ebay for a while. Very nicely priced as well. I might have to buy one at some point.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Beexter said:

Also, the CM2 Hardwire OD has 2 modes - a more "classic" tubescreamer type setting and a "modern" higher gain setting. Incredible bargain at the moment and sounds great.

Agree, the Cm-2, on classic setting is very close in sound to my Mk1 Guvnor......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Mate...i know you are keen on the palisades...and would encourage you to get it.

But...have you looked at the double rat pedal??? They seem really good to with a lot of options too
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12059
    JHS Double Barrel, Wampler Hot Wired?
  • Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe
    Ibanez Jemini
    Okko Diablo Gain Plus
    Vox Ice9 Overdrive
  • Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Its been a youtube filled past 24 hours and I have discovered that I will probably be buying another drive pedal at some point. 

Ok so whats did I get?

I was at 90% with the EQD Palisades then I veered off course with the Empress. I just kept coming back to that pedal. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Crowther Double Hotcake? ;)

It can do clean boost to thick creamy fuzz and essentially has three modes due to the way the switching works. 
  • already pulled the trigger mate ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • meltedbuzzbox;348418" said:
    already pulled the trigger mate ;-)
    What did you shoot?
  • I got this Sam 

Empress Effects Multidrive

I just kept coming back to it. I was close on the Palisades but the Empress just had more pull for me. 
  • Congrats man...let us know what you think when you get it
  • will do bud
  • Hurrah! My experience with Empress has been great. My Superdelay is relentlessly wonderful.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited September 2014
    I use the Goosoniqueworx 7thvn. That's pretty small space wise , it's best run at 12v DC though. Not seen the Empress, so am curious
  • jeztone2 said:
    I use the Goosoniqueworx 7thvn.
    You can say that again