Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's your favourite budget delay?

2»

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31253
    No you're right.

Although I THINK there's a long chip that's the favoured one (it's certainly the one Cornish uses in the TES)

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2411
    edited September 2014
    Only problem with the digidelay is I don't think it has an analogue model (though IIRC it has tape so that might be similarish).

I sort of wonder is it worth going for the digidelay when the hardwire delay is not that much more on thomann? depends what you want/need, i suppose. EDIT: and that actually is a genuine question rather than a suggestion, just to clarify. I haven't tried the hardwire. :))
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7512
    edited September 2014
    Dave_Mc;348062" said:
    Only problem with the digidelay is I don't think it has an analogue model (though IIRC it has tape so that might be similarish).

I sort of wonder is it worth going for the digidelay when the hardwire delay is not that much more on thomann? depends what you want/need, i suppose. EDIT: and that actually is a genuine question rather than a suggestion, just to clarify. I haven't tried the hardwire. :))
    The hardwire is supposed to be very good indeed.

My hardwire chorus has an intermittent problem though - it cut out again yesterday, removing power and switching it back on fixed it.

So maybe not a switch, but a digital crashing issue. Almost certainly a one off as I've looked and can't find any more reports.

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2955
    Ibanez DE7 for me too, some truly beautiful sounds in there.
    Dave_Mc;348062" said:

The hardwire is supposed to be very good indeed.

My hardwire chorus has an intermittent problem though - it cut out again yesterday, removing power and switching it back on fixed it.

So maybe not a switch, but a digital crashing issue. Almost certainly a one off as I've looked and can't find any more reports.

yeah i would imagine the hardwire is pretty good, the od is.

that sucks about your chorus :(
  • Dave_Mc said:

The tape echo setting is pretty warm sounding. To be fair, even the conventional digital delay modes are fine. Plenty of 'clean' repeats, but hardly robotic. 

If I were buying again I'd probably splash the extra cash and get the Hardwire delay.

BTW, it's worth saying again for anyone thinking of the Digidelay, it has a MASSIVE draw, far greater than the Hardwire or any other equivalent. Forget about batteries. This thing draws something like 125 ma, most likely more. 
    ^ Yeah I remember I had mine for a few days before I got an adaptor and if you got one playing session out of a battery you were doing well.