Why Should I get Utra Fast Broadband

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    more said:
     Most broadband providers use Openreach. The only large  scale alternative network has been Virgin media . I thought  Openreach  were incompetent and arrogant . I have switched to Virgin  who are just arrogant.  City Fibre is the first real alternative network provider to provide a better network the the other two . Sadly, none of the broadband  providers offer a land line in  the packages when you  switch  to using City Fibre   , so I will say with virgin.   
    We did it the other way - with proper fibre, there was no need for a landline, so we cancelled it and so we've actually saved money.

Indeed.
    Not having a bloody landline that only gets scammers call it would be a great blessing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    more said:
     Most broadband providers use Openreach. The only large  scale alternative network has been Virgin media . I thought  Openreach  were incompetent and arrogant . I have switched to Virgin  who are just arrogant.  City Fibre is the first real alternative network provider to provide a better network the the other two . Sadly, none of the broadband  providers offer a land line in  the packages when you  switch  to using City Fibre   , so I will say with virgin.   
    We did it the other way - with proper fibre, there was no need for a landline, so we cancelled it and so we've actually saved money.

Indeed.
    Not having a bloody landline that only gets scammers call it would be a great blessing.

You can always unplug the phone!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031

I've recently swapped to fibre with Hyperoptic – its great and has been rock solid – I did indeed get the top package as I work from home.

Realistically have I noticed that much difference going from my old provider, which was at 76Mbps verses the 900mbps I now have, honest answer is not really. Occasionally I have to grab large database backups that used to take 45 minute and now take 3, other than that I’m not all that fussed by the speed but I do need it to be very, very reliable and that seems to be the case.

• BodBod Frets: 1299
    edited August 2022
    I tried to cancel my landline with Virgin and the price went up.  It's unplugged now because, other than my mum and our elderly neighbours, it was just scammers calling.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    roberty said:
    more said:

Indeed.

You can always unplug the phone!

Except I can't because for some weird reason doctors, schools and elderly parents refuse to ring mobiles.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    @fretmeister I despise Gigaclear. The pricing on their domestic services is OK, but at levels that indicate the service will be iffy. On their business service they gouge people rotton, charging monthly fees for one-off costs, and lying in their sales pitch. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom