59 Conversion - I dare say a healthy discussion will follow

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• bluecatbluecat Frets: 651
    That kind of money would buy you a really nice guitar with the pickups of your choice and a very nice top of the range second hand Jag.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Probably will still be for sale in another ten years at that price!!!
  • Personally I wouldn’t go near this one, The re-top is deal breaker for me and most of the parts are questionable at best. I always think it’s  such a massive shame when these guitars were re-topped. Anyhow hears some pics of my conversion. I’m very fortunate to own this 52/57 Dave Johnson conversion. All parts were sourced by me and are 50’s parts or were the original parts to the guitar. This one also has no serial number because it never had one in the first place. No breaks, no cracks, just a cool guitar that gets played every day.

0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7066

Personally I wouldn’t go near this one, The re-top is deal breaker for me and most of the parts are questionable at best. I always think it’s  such a massive shame when these guitars were re-topped. Anyhow hears some pics of my conversion. I’m very fortunate to own this 52/57 Dave Johnson conversion. All parts were sourced by me and are 50’s parts or were the original parts to the guitar. This one also has no serial number because it never had one in the first place. No breaks, no cracks, just a cool guitar that gets played every day.

Very nice. Is that a vintage junior just in shot as well?
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Thanks @Iamnobody ; and good spot. Yeah it's a lovely 56.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    What a wonderful looking gold top,I was offered one ten or twelve years ago for £1600 was told it would increase in value,wish I had bought it now,the guy was getting married and needed the money.
  • bluecat said:
    What a wonderful looking gold top,I was offered one ten or twelve years ago for £1600 was told it would increase in value,wish I had bought it now,the guy was getting married and needed the money.
    Thanks @bluecat ; and sorry to hear you missed out on one. I can think of a few times the same has happened to me. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15428
    tFB Trader
    It does not appear to have sold yesterday - I did not follow yesterday's auction live, so at the moment I assume the bidding did not reach any 'hidden reserve' - Any one follow it to give a further update