ThorpyFX: End of summer 2023 sale for Fretboard members

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• For bulk orders, MLRS or HIMARS.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Macca-24Macca-24 Frets: 3
    Have owned a used many thorpy pedals over the past few years... I would highly recommend the Fat General, Peacekeeper and Heavy Water but the star of the show for me is the Dane. Incredibly good pedal... Superbly voiced and a must for me.

I owned the mark one - Anyone who is on the fence about one... buy it immediately - You wont be dissapointed at all.

I believe the v2 is voiced the same but a smaller enclosure. Happy to be corrected if I have that wrong. 

If I move back to a standard / normal pedalboard... Thatll be the first pedal on there!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4154
    Bit late to the party but are there any tFB codes still going?
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 287
    Macca-24 said:
    Have owned a used many thorpy pedals over the past few years... I would highly recommend the Fat General, Peacekeeper and Heavy Water but the star of the show for me is the Dane. Incredibly good pedal... Superbly voiced and a must for me.

I owned the mark one - Anyone who is on the fence about one... buy it immediately - You wont be dissapointed at all.

I believe the v2 is voiced the same but a smaller enclosure. Happy to be corrected if I have that wrong. 

If I move back to a standard / normal pedalboard... Thatll be the first pedal on there!
    I’ve always been interested in the Peacekeeper, but having the Dane I’m not sure how similar they are. I do love my Dane, but often more for the boost than the drive, which I usually keep very low. Clearly the PK has a ton more tweak-ability. Is there enough difference to warrant both?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6197
    tFB Trader
    pt22 said:
    Macca-24 said:

I’ve always been interested in the Peacekeeper, but having the Dane I’m not sure how similar they are. I do love my Dane, but often more for the boost than the drive, which I usually keep very low. Clearly the PK has a ton more tweak-ability. Is there enough difference to warrant both?
    apologies.... i didnt see either question. short answer. you can make the peacekeeper get close to the dane, but you cant get the dane to do what the peacekeeper can..

long answer. totally different pedals, they work incredibly well together. the dane meets petes needs. the peacekeeper was what i wanted to create to be the most uber stackable, versatile Low gain pedal around. The peacekeeper covers a lot of low gain territory and you make make it sound like a Klon, timmy, blues breaker, TS. etc etc... 

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Bummer!  Knew I should have got that April fools Peacekeeper!  I'll keep an eye out in the special projects bit of the website.  With a Peacekeeper, that would take the count of Thorpy pedals on the board right now to 5!  Currently rocking a Dane MKII, Team Medic, Fallout Cloud BC108 and a Tacit Blue.