The Jam - Rickenbackers etc.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12737
    I've only just noticed Whaam has lost its neck humbucker... I'm surprised that the enlarged hole can still be covered by the standard Ric pickup. You can see the screw holes where the humbucker surround used to be fitted.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UngulateUngulate Frets: 240
    The Jam dominated my teenage years, saw them twice, second time in Shepton Mallet arena or something, then walked the 25 miles back to Bristol across the Mendips......happy days
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9815
    impmann said:
    I've only just noticed Whaam has lost its neck humbucker... I'm surprised that the enlarged hole can still be covered by the standard Ric pickup. You can see the screw holes where the humbucker surround used to be fitted.
    Good spot !!
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8008

Am I right in thinking that the black headstock paint "damage" is actually the remains of a sticker ?

It looks like it's similar to those on the body at one time.

httpswwwrickresourcecomstt-researchpweller330JGjpg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4055
    I think it’s where the sticker has been pulled off, which has pulled the dodgy black refinish off @Paul_C ;

I’m convinced that I read somewhere many moons ago that Weller rattle canned it himself. Could be wrong though! The plot thickens....
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8008
    Deadman said:
    I think it’s where the sticker has been pulled off, which has pulled the dodgy black refinish off @Paul_C ;

I’m convinced that I read somewhere many moons ago that Weller rattle canned it himself. Could be wrong though! The plot thickens....

Maybe it came off because it was painted over the sticker and didn't stick to it ?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister