Finished Q4 22 Challenge part deux Paulnb57

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
    edited September 2022
    2 coats of Tru Oil over the matte paint (Halfords Cammo Green) and all loose assembled

A couple of days of work, delays play but will probably wire it up on Friday

In other news my Orange OR15 Rocker head, worked early afternoon, but not an hour later, mains lead and external fuse are ok, so its off to the repair shoppe on Tuesday for a dose of looking at, in the meantime the old Peavey Bandit is depping, I really rather like it…

Displayed here on the worlds most hideous bedspread, Mrs B likes it, Its almost grounds for divorce IMO

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2440
    My word! that is handsome  :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sarge said:
    My word! that is handsome  :o
    Thank you!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 500
    Nice work.   The bedspread is almost Paisley - so that’s allowed
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    I have come here to say that I'm a wee bit jealous of quite how great this has turned out.......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 834
    edited October 2022
    Been somewhat AWOL waiting for a string retainer to arrive from the land of Covid and Sods Law dictates that if you are waiting for a parcel it will be delayed..and it was, but it here now and installed.
    So with that joker fitted I was able to string it up, drill the headstock and fit the string tree, tune it, adjust neck relief, nut action, action, intonation and get it into a playable state.
    Then over to the amp and give it some, except I haven’t wired it up yet, however it is a very nicely set up, very quiet, acoustic.

edited October 2022
    Aaaand its done!

It all needs to settle into it’s unholy marriage, then a final tweak or two….but essentially it’s done

Not without a few niggles, but I enjoyed this one, now all I need is a body for my first build!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3129
    Splendid!

Great job :)
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Lovely guitar Paul, top stuff
  • Love the idea of this. Looks great :+1:

I'd be tempted to do something similar but with a strat neck pup and a full ashtray tele bridge. Saying that, the trem in the original pic would be very interesting too.
    Thanks for the positive comments

@lovestrat74 I toyed with the idea of a full Tele bridge, but wanted to stay closer to the one that inspired the build, but hardtail, as I don't really do trems

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    You're churning them out!

Interesting configuration too - like it  :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Forgot to say, great posting too! I would love to be able to create threads like this but sadly my builds take way too long and they never get "finished"
  • I really like that result - very elegant. Nice build thread too