James Honeyman-Scott audio: "I cannot count Chrissie's timing!"

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AK99AK99 Frets: 1661
    edited September 2022
    SRich said:
    What a banger that album is..........just sat and listened soup to nuts. Amazing music. That one is going into rotation when I re-find it upstairs.

And Chrissie....I mean come on!
    For sure. They released it when I was 2nd year at college, and they did their first UK Tour. Went to see them at Leeds - the opening track was The Wait - full on, straight into it. Fkn excellent show, still remember it to this day. (And yeah Ms Hynde was even durtier in the flesh than she was/is in photos or on video
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99 said:
    Ah man.. I'm still trying to get my head round the switch of time signature in the 3rd bar..and u drop this on me ? :)

(If the 00:16 and 00:21 references in those scores relate directly to the audio track btw - that is either a really comprehensive score, or some bl**dy sophisticated transcription software - impressive either way! Thank you..)
    Ha...stick with the basic version first until you've internalised the counting and/or what it feels like...I'm not saying count it explicitly (unless that works for you).

The transcription is just me sketching it out in Guitar Pro 8...I don't overthink strummy bits...it's just for illustrative purposes ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2464
    CaseOfAce said:
    This is the guy in action at what looks like a lunchtime rehearsal session at a South London boozer!
    I have no idea what he steps on to rock it up at 1:50 in but it sounds great....

Pretenders - Brass In Pocket (Live Rehearsal) (1979) (HD) - YouTube
    Thanks for posting that was (Caseof) Ace!

First album (or was it an called an LP?) that I ever bought when I was 11.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom