Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Coke Life

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Whilst I'm also unconvinced that aspartame is carcinogenic etc - research has shown that it can increase glucose levels as much as sugar does and contrary to popular belief diet drinks are just as bad for diabetics as full sugar drinks other than them obviously being less fatty which is a pre-cursor to late onset diabetes. 
    Of this I am totally convinced.
    Can you point me at this research as I can't seem to find it. 

I know there was a French study that suggested that people who drink a lot of diet fizzy get diabetes, but I think that was of the same type that can be used to prove foie gras is the ultimate health food.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I was getting through a 2 lite bottle of Pepsi Max a day, it was rotting my stomach and the cafffeine was no good for my anxiety. I'm on day two of withdrawal, it's unpleasant.
    My V key is broken
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12660
    Whatever is in it it's going to be shite for you.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • When I first read the post I though it said "Half Sugar Coke with Steve Vai"
    I believe Steve Vai coke is Fire Garden Sweet. 

I'll get my coat.
    You get your coat, I'll get me Coke

Only with J.D or Vodka in though.

;-)
  • As an IBS sufferer Asparteme and some other artificial sweetener do cause problems (not convinced about them being carcinogenic) with sorbitol being the worst. They do in fact irritate and inflame tummy and GI tract issues.

When I stopped smoking I had a thing for the extra mints with sorbitol and boy I had issues but never knew until later when I stoppped the mints.

So I avoid sweeteners at all costs but will say stevia seems to be OK so far, stopped drinking coke other than an odd slurp in a libation now and then a long time ago. Haven't drunk a whole can in years.

I did think at first this was about some new columbian marching powder, imagine my disappointment.

tFB Trader
    Sorbitol is a laxative. 

I had a mate who gave up smoking by having a Polo everytime he wanted a cig. His teeth started to go brown so he switched to sugar free and ended up going to the doctor thinking he had some chronic digestive illness. 

Lactulose which is sold as a laxative is very similar. Tastes sweet, but no calories and isn't absorbed by the body (hence giving you the runs)
  • Someone I work with has arthritis and is now trying an aspartame free diet as, apparently, it is linked with aggravating her condition. This is someone who used to start each day with a six pack of diet coke on her desk. I generally don't like things with any artificial sweeteners because of the after taste.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • That will explain it then, although the runs wasn't what afflicted me so much but more the abdominal pains and bloating.

Some unfortunes did indeed get shall we say "leakage" from some sweeteners, not pleasant.

Glad I worked it out in the end though it made life much more bearable. Docs were sceptical until it became clear that it was a real effect.
  • Who is Stevia? Does anyone have her phone number?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    tFB Trader
    Who is Stevia? Does anyone have her phone number?
    The backing singer in Hawkwind I think. 
  • Yes it is Stevia Knickers Coke fiend extraordinaire call 01000 BLOW CHARLIE UP MY BUM, being a US number of course.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I had some of those foreign herby sweets (Ricol?) and they made me shit hard. And some Swedish/Danish licorice flavoured sweets that had the same stuff in. Didn't stop me from munching through them.
    My V key is broken
  • Stevia makes me fart, but I like the taste. 

You can make some fucking wicked brownies with stevia. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    /\ you like the taste of your farts?

:D
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom