SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Peavey Destiny Custom//£600 -

What's Hot

Comments

• I have a 1986 ESP MI?
    Sent a pm.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    edited October 2022
    Appreciate that. 

Pretty certain its the same one that sold at £475 a couple of weeks ago in Leeds-   I just missed it! Will keep an eye on it. Thanks again. 

There was me thinking it looked well priced given previous sales on ebay. No worries with the heads up, community spirit and all that. Hope you manage to get something suitable.

The RG I've just ordered from Japan is currently sat in customs, but I'm still perusing until the doorbell goes.
  • wolsnah said:
    Appreciate that. 

Pretty certain its the same one that sold at £475 a couple of weeks ago in Leeds-   I just missed it! Will keep an eye on it. Thanks again. 

There was me thinking it looked well priced given previous sales on ebay. No worries with the heads up, community spirit and all that. Hope you manage to get something suitable.

The RG I've just ordered from Japan is currently sat in customs, but I'm still perusing until the doorbell goes.

Always wondered about buying from Japan.  Do you find it hassle free? Which model have you bought? 
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    edited October 2022
    I've gone for a fluorescent orange RG3250MZ. I've bought previously through Ishibashi without issue, but this time spotted the RG on the Ratuken flea market (as it's known) and have purchased through Neokyo which is a proxy purchaser registered in Japan. I've had good dealings with Ishibashi, all good so far with Neokyo and it's got as far as UK customs in the space of a week from me giving them the funds and go ahead to purchase. The downside is the shipping and customs, VAT and duty. Shipping is £150-£200 unless you want to wait a month or so and have it travel by boat and land. Customs, VAT and duty adds about 25% to the cost. The RG was fairly priced in Japan, but by the time it reaches me, it may be a little over priced, but they're a rare colour and life is too short for regrets. I'll provide a more detailed write up when it arrives with my opinions on the experience. My last purchase was an Edwards V (which I posted on here) from Ishibashi.

I'd like a Killer Guitars guitar at some point, probably a Wishbone, or strat type, but I'm not in a rush. It's a bit of a risk buying somewhat unseen, particularly when this was from a small reseller that I was unable to get in touch with directly, or through the proxy, they can only purchase on my behalf. I don't think I'd risk buying without a hardcase for shipping risks but my experience has been that the Japan side is well structured and they appear to value customer satisfaction.

Exchange rates come into it too, so there can be better and worse times to buy. Depending on the payment methods can mean you get a range of exchange rates. It's a shame we can't get the bank exchange rates, everyone has to make some money somewhere but as long as you can justify the overall cost it can be an exciting ride.
  • Sounds fun!   They do seem to have some interesting models over there.  Buying blind and the additional import charges have always put me off though.  
    Maybe one day I'll pluck up the courage! 

Those RG3250 models are nice.  I Always liked the look of the yellow ones. 

Hope it turns up safe and sound.  Thanks for all the info. 
  • Hamer and Peavey reduced by £50 
    All guitars (except the charvel) now listed on ebay. 

• Update:Peavey now sold pending collection.
  • AJSAJS Frets: 44
    Charvels I love them 

I have a mod 6
    2 x 750xls
    fusion
    Spectrum
    and
     Model A

That 6 is wonderful if it is not sold message me with a price

• @AJS ; what model A do you have??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Natural ash bodied HSS with original FR 24 frets neck like a wizard

I have had a few of the model AS 

I have also owned 

Charvel 

Mod 1
    Mod 3
    Mod 3 x 2
    Mod 4 x 2
    Mod 5
    Mod 6
    Mod 7

650 xl
    750 xl x 3
    Fusion x 2
    Spectrum x 3
    Model A x 4

I had these all at the same time so my current collection is much reduced and I play a jap strat most days

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've lost track of the numerous model series I've had over the years.. I miss the days of them being c£200...  Did you ever have a Blue Model A plus quilt? That's a guitar I really want to try..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

That was the first model A I had blue quilt maple top on mahogany body.  Great guitar.

I just dont use trems anymore

I was buying them in the mid to late 90s for peanuts 
  • Added a video link for the model 6.

Will add ones for the other guitars this evening - now I've learnt how to do it!
  • Video links now added for all guitars. 
    Final price reductions for a sale:
    Peavey Destiny:  £700 collected.
    ESP £750 collected or £700 and I keep the 2 spare pick-ups!!

• finest1finest1 Frets: 94
    FYI, i can't see the videos. in all my years, i've never seen a reverse headstock HAMER before!

you also have a Hamer with 3 single coils in your photo album..
  • finest1 said:
    FYI, i can't see the videos. in all my years, i've never seen a reverse headstock HAMER before!

Oh no. 
    Appreciate you letting me know.  Links work for me but maybe it's a privacy setting.  I thought the technology was all going too smoothly!  I'll play around with it. 

The reverse headstock was an upgrade when the guitar was ordered.  There aren't many like it. 

The red single coil Hamer is a bit of an unknown Korean  slammer series - possibly a diablo (db3or something)  I wasn't sure how to delete the pics - without deleting the others - so left it in!  Complete technophobe these days. 
    I got it for £90.  Cheap and cheerful job.

• Apologies.  Hopefully the links now work!!
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 133
    finest1 said:

Not sure if it counts but most Diablos and Centaurs had reversed headstocks and since I have seen plenty of Calis I would not be surprised if there was lots of Chaps with reversed headstock 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    bassbora said:
    finest1 said:

Not sure if it counts but most Diablos and Centaurs had reversed headstocks and since I have seen plenty of Calis I would not be surprised if there was lots of Chaps with reversed headstock 
    yes, you're right! i forgot about the Hamer Centaura!! so i stand corrected, i have seen a Hamer with a reverse headstock before! i remember seeing a picture in guitar magazine in the 90's, wanted one so bad!! i haven't seen this model in a reverse headstock before! 
    finest1 said:

Oh no. 
    Appreciate you letting me know.  Links work for me but maybe it's a privacy setting.  I thought the technology was all going too smoothly!  I'll play around with it. 

The reverse headstock was an upgrade when the guitar was ordered.  There aren't many like it. 

The red single coil Hamer is a bit of an unknown Korean  slammer series - possibly a diablo (db3or something)  I wasn't sure how to delete the pics - without deleting the others - so left it in!  Complete technophobe these days. 
    I got it for £90.  Cheap and cheerful job.

video works fine now