Generation Loss II

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5625
    edited November 2022
    brucegill said:
    Whitecat said:
    Yes mine also on the way now! Exciiiiittttted. @brucegill @Whitecat ;; did yours arrive OK?

Ha @RaymondLin ;;that buttloness Blooper is so cool to have even though I guess less useful. Does it work fully but all the modifiers are always on? 
    Out for delivery today apparently so should have it this afternoon.

It looks like Be-versed have bailed on serving the U.K. market as a result of all these problems though. If you try to access chasebliss.eu from the U.K. it redirects you to the USA site. Going to be more annoying ordering stuff from there going forward…
    Hope thats just a glitch! Will be a bit of a let down if they have.
    If so it’s a glitch that’s been going on for a couple of weeks now…

edit: definitely not a glitch, they’ve quietly updated their FAQ within the past couple days to state that .eu only serves the EU (it used to say EU & U.K.) - https://www.chasebliss.com/support/#FAQs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whitecat said:

edit: definitely not a glitch, they’ve quietly updated their FAQ within the past couple days to state that .eu only serves the EU (it used to say EU & U.K.) - https://www.chasebliss.com/support/#FAQs
    Hmmmmm, thats a bit shit. I bet they got hit with loads of import fees they didn't expect. Not sure what's worse for us in the UK - buy form US or buy form EU. Hopefully it won't effect the final price we pay vs someone in the EU
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5625
    brucegill said:
    Whitecat said:

Hmmmmm, thats a bit shit. I bet they got hit with loads of import fees they didn't expect. Not sure what's worse for us in the UK - buy from US or buy from EU. Hopefully it won't effect the final price we pay vs someone in the EU
    Fees and paperwork - I bet the latter caught them out a lot and they were probably spending more man hours than was worth it fixing problems with the couriers. 

Anyway Chase Bliss say that for international direct shipments they charge you half the duty/VAT up front, they pay the rest, and send it delivery duty paid so there should be no extra fees on our end. Will take a little longer obviously - shipping charge will be higher of course - I guess someone is gonna have to just do it to see how the numbers line up! Not sure how it’s sustainable for them to cover half the taxes, but I guess that’s sort of their way for apologising to the world that they have to now do things this way and trying to make it all as painless as possible. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Yes mine also on the way now! Exciiiiittttted. @brucegill @Whitecat ; did yours arrive OK?

Ha @RaymondLin ;that buttloness Blooper is so cool to have even though I guess less useful. Does it work fully but all the modifiers are always on? 
    I don't have it anymore so I can't test.  I only took photos of it and then sent it back.  As you can see the serial number it was the very first one. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8085

Should be here tomorrow :) 
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Arrived and spent an hour or so with it. Brilliant and I  haven't opened the manual yet. Failure knobs is wonderful and random and surprising. Love that saturation with some Fuzz as well.  

I've had a quick play and think I'm going to have a lot of fun with it, if nothing else it'll be good for replicating old kids TV theme tunes.

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited November 2022
    How’s everyone getting on with theirs I’m so close to ordering one for next year but £420 without trying first just feels a bit grim.
  • It’s obviously a brilliant bit of kit but I’ve struggled with mine so far if I’m honest. I really want to get more into it. Will sit download the user guide and have a proper play at our next long weekend
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    DanR said:
    How’s everyone getting on with theirs I’m so close to ordering one for next year but £420 without trying first just feels a bit grim.

I really like mine, but if you have no use for the sounds it makes it's as worth buying as a Miku (I really like my Miku too).

This looks to be as comprehensive a demo as you're likely to see.

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Paul_C said:
    DanR said:

I really like mine, but if you have no use for the sounds it makes it's as worth buying as a Miku (I really like my Miku too).

This looks to be as comprehensive a demo as you're likely to see.

I will have a watch of that over next couple of days.

cheers.