For the first time in my life I actually paid to watch a tribute band

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I've paid to see Fred Zeppelin more than once. 
    I’ve played tons of gigs with their current guitarist (who was previously their bassist).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24906
    I recently saw a sign outside a venue for "The Antarctic Monkeys".

Made me chuckle.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• I’ve seen lots , iron maiden, guns n roses, Bon jovi , the eagles , the police , Rolling Stones ,whitesnake  I used to live in Torquay & they just don’t get many of the larger bands   So it was the only way to see anything  you liked particularly 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 634
    I've seen a few Absolute Bowie, Think Floyd, The Doors Alive and all were excellent, first class musicians and especially in the case of Absolute Bowie, fans singing their heroes songs for fans, great stuff
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23844
    If you go to see Foreigner on one of the nights when Mick Jones isn't playing, is it the real band or a tribute band?
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    edited October 2022
    I’ve seen TRextasy and Livewire, who were really good and also Who’s Who… who were truly great - and I was very sceptical beforehand. The fact that there were several Who ‘faces’ in the crowd would suggest that they’re well thought of… Dougal Butler and Doug Sandom to name but two.  I’m led to believe that Keith Moon’s mum used to invite the drummer round to her house for tea, as he was so much like Keith. 

There’s a Mercyful Fate tribute on in Southampton for halloween which could be utter garbage or really great fun…
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2869
    Shout out to @Danny1969 ’s band KateBushKa - saw them last night and it was a fabulous experience . Great band of highly accomplished players creating the sound space for Kate to create an astonishing performance - she is truly amazing vocally and performance wise .  Go and see them while they are still gigging as I understand this is their last tour.  

As an aside, bass player playing keyboards while still playing bass was rather impressive, but so was all the rest