Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Any Tool fans here?

What's Hot
atmosatmos Frets: 2
I'm guessing there will be some of you in here.

Would be cool to chat with you as I don't know many who like them.

Anyone here see them on their last trip to the UK? I saw them at London and also in 2017 at Download
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 29208
    Never heard them but I've got the t-shirt.

;) 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 513
    Big fan, seen them on 3 UK tours and download X 2. Consequently got into, and went to see Puscifer and APC several times but I'm not a Maynard fanboy, swear.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I like APC and Puscifier more than Tool. I know this makes me a bad person. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 887
    I only really know the first album which I like a lot - saw them once at the Brixton Academy and they were really impressive but for some reason I've never investigated the rest of their catalogue.
  • Yep - my favourite band!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10780
    I need to investigate this band. Can someone point me to a couple of good albums?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2960
    viz said:
    I need to investigate this band. Can someone point me to a couple of good albums?

Lateralus.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897
    viz said:
    My favourite is 10,000 Days.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 968
    Great band and incredible musicians. 
     Another vote for 10,000 Days, love it. 
    I missed the last tour but would love to see them live
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5610
    Ænima or Lateralus for me.
    The first APC album is amazing too.
  • atmosatmos Frets: 2
    MrTee said:
    Big fan, seen them on 3 UK tours and download X 2. Consequently got into, and went to see Puscifer and APC several times but I'm not a Maynard fanboy, swear.
    Nice man! How were APC and Puscifer in comparison? I'd love to see APC. Thirteenth Step is a masterpiece
    Sporky said:
    Nah not at all. Don't worry I'm not one of "those" Tool fans lol. Favourite songs?
    oh_pollo said:
    I only really know the first album which I like a lot - saw them once at the Brixton Academy and they were really impressive but for some reason I've never investigated the rest of their catalogue.
    Oh man, you're missing out! Lateralus and 10000 days are killer. The song Lateralus is one of a kind. It uses the fibonacci sequence in it if you know what that is!
    BlueStrat said:
    Great band and incredible musicians. 
     Another vote for 10,000 Days, love it. 
    I missed the last tour but would love to see them live
    Yeah they are definitely up there as far as technical ability goes. Justin and Danny are my bass and drum heroes. I approach guitar and bass so much differently since finding Tool
  • Sporky said:
    I really like Tool but I also prefer Puscifer. 

For me the best Tool album is Aenima. Lateralus disappears up its own arse after the title track. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33999
    viz said:
    Start here:

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23764
    I like them a lot, but I haven't listened to them for some time - I think you have to listen to whole albums and concentrate a bit, they're not a band to just casually listen to the odd track.
    atmos said:
    Sporky said:
    Nah not at all. Don't worry I'm not one of "those" Tool fans lol. Favourite songs?
    Puscifier - probably The Remedy. APC, erm, The Noose, Weak and Powerless, and (in context of the album) Three Libras probbly.

Theres certainly Tool stuff I've heard and liked. 
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 513
    atmos said:
    MrTee said:
    Nice man! How were APC and Puscifer in comparison? I'd love to see APC. Thirteenth Step is a masterpiece

In all honesty I preferred both APC (first time touring 13th step) and Puscifer to Tool when I saw them live. That's not to say Tool weren't any good!
    Philly_Q said:
    I like them a lot, but I haven't listened to them for some time - I think you have to listen to whole albums and concentrate a bit, they're not a band to just casually listen to the odd track.
    I think on the first listen absolutely. I can listen to the odd track here and there on their own if im in the right mood. Parabol and Parabola definitely have to be listened together though