Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Any Tool fans here?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• viz said:
    I need to investigate this band. Can someone point me to a couple of good albums?
    My favourite is 10,000 Days.
    I think 10,000 Days* is a bit more accessible than the majestic Lateralus.

* remember to book-end Viginti Tres and Wings For Marie and listen to it in parallel with the title track ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like their most expensive album best. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • oh_pollo said:
    I only really know the first album which I like a lot - saw them once at the Brixton Academy and they were really impressive but for some reason I've never investigated the rest of their catalogue.
    you got a dope beastie-t too?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    They are one of those bands that I thought I would love, but for some reason just couldn't get into. I bought a secondhand ipod many years ago with a couple of their albums on. At some point I will revisit .....
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2450
    axisus said:
    They are one of those bands that I thought I would love, but for some reason just couldn't get into. I bought a secondhand ipod many years ago with a couple of their albums on. At some point I will revisit .....
    Same. I tried to like them but found their albums dull and extremely overrated. Not my thing even though I wanted them to be.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2954
    When they do actual songs they're fantastic. Schism, Vicarious, The Pot, amazing stuff. But then the other half of their albums is just too arty-farty and meandering for my liking.
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 755
    edited November 2022
    Yup, very much enjoy but have to be in the right mood for a concerted listen... definitely not background music. 

Love Schism in particular.

There's a great vid on YouTube of Pneuma where it's just focused on Danny's drumming... awesome stuff. 
  • I think Undertow might be the most accessible/ least prog metal album. That’s the first one I got into anyway. Saw them in Glasgow a few years back on the 10,000 tour. They had Mastodon supporting. 
  • Saw them by accident supporting RATM’s UK tour in 1993 ;)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12530
    Another fan here, although I only discovered them a couple of years back. I do have to be in the mood to listen to them though.