Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What Does Road Worn mean?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7711
    Can a Roadworn, Relic etc ever be called brand new ? “Showing no signs of wear or damage” unquote.
    Yes, but if the wear is small, it would be hard to tell...but the frets should never be worn.
    Thats the point of a relic. All the important bits for use, frets, electronics, and new, but it feels 'worn in'. Thats the bit people seem to miss when they mock relics. 
    I’m curious - what do you mean by “feels worn in”?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Unless someone can tell me different, roadworn to me is currently the only way to try out a nitro finished fender for under a grand. And they have faster necks then their poly finished cousins which some might find appealing 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cols said:
    Can a Roadworn, Relic etc ever be called brand new ? “Showing no signs of wear or damage” unquote.
    Yes, but if the wear is small, it would be hard to tell...but the frets should never be worn.
    Thats the point of a relic. All the important bits for use, frets, electronics, and new, but it feels 'worn in'. Thats the bit people seem to miss when they mock relics. 
    I’m curious - what do you mean by “feels worn in”?
    No stickiness to it or stubborn/stiffness. Part of it is psychological as well, that you’re not babying it until the first dent.

.birtner said:
    Unless someone can tell me different, roadworn to me is currently the only way to try out a nitro finished fender for under a grand. And they have faster necks then their poly finished cousins which some might find appealing 
    Yep re nitro. Re neck, a finished neck can be sanded or cleaned (although you have to keep doing it)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom