Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Essex Recording Studios jumps the shark

What's Hot

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6254
    If its genuine, and other sections have sold well previously, is it that silly? 

A friend of mine has 2 bricks (framed etc) from Eminems house. They were £350 each and 700 sold out instantly. Thats £250k. Old wooden seats from Anfield sold out at £225 a few years ago (6,000 of them so thats over 1.5m) so if you can work out how to chop it up, theres money to be made here.  
    He's missed a trick here. Ideally he should have cut it up into 2" cubes and sold as 'containing Beatle DNA and sweat'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13357
    This has inspired me to put some (genuine) memorabilia of my own up for sale.

• Crumpled Peter Stuyvesant fag packet thrown at me by Pat Travers in West Runton Pavilion, mid-70s.  Great chance to own a piece of rock 'n' roll history for a very reasonable £10,999.
    • Broken piece of tambourine chucked into the audience by the vocalist of Sam Apple Pie in The Nashville Rooms, mid-70s.  SAP played at the first ever Glastonbury festival in 1970, so who knows?  This very piece of shattered wood could have featured at that historic event, so will appeal to the serious collector.  Priced to sell at £29,999.
    Your treasured item will be lovingly packed into an old shoe box, padded out with arse-wipe and secured with some bailing twine.  Sent to you second-class.  Your purchase will support local businesses - namely the village madame and her girls, and my coke dealer.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1525
    If they sell he'll be heading up to the Abbey Road with a Jackhammer.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32351
    She Loves Yew
    Baby It's Yew
    Gotta Get Yew Into My Life
    I'm Looking Through Yew
    I Want To Sell Yew

I am the walnut. 
    22reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2431
    Don’t worry, it’s just a stage he’s going through.
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6928
    Keefy said:
    Don’t worry, it’s just a stage he’s going through.
    Very good sir. Very good. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Typical! He made a lowball offer for my genuine Beatles stage planks last week and straight away he has them on sale for a lot more than I sold them for.
    18reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultM said:
    Wheres the proof? They've not even bothered to put together a letter from a Beatles stage flooring expert or anything.
    I know a guy who could do some dendrochronological analysis to prove it's date and age of felling and provenance. He just needs to count the Ring(o)s.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1228
    True story - I once bought a 2nd hand ikea bookcase from someone in a beetles tribute band, who had a Gretsch that Paul McCartney had signed the scratch plate and had been photo'd playing the guitar. 

With that in mind, I am willing to let the bookcase for for £ 12,999. Any money raised may or may not be used to support buskers who are so skint that they have to stand in the street to play. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2442
    Typical! He made a lowball offer for my genuine Beatles stage planks last week and straight away he has them on sale for a lot more than I sold them for.
    It's so sad to see perfectly functioning vintage floors split up for parts like this.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • There's a blackbird that hangs around my garden. It's definitely a genuine relative of the one Paul McCartney wrote a song about. For only £5000 I'll give you a 5 minute permit to allow you the possibility of seeing said blackbird if it wants to turn up.

Optional reduced rate of £300 for any Alter Bridge fans out there
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24692
    TTony said:
    a. I will never understand the attraction of memorabilia. Seriously.

Says the man with 17 warehouses full of interesting historical artefacts

Memorabilia is exactly the same as any other old tat, except somebody famous once owned it.  Or touched it.  Or something.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34255
    So this seems to be the auction.

https://www.julienslive.com/lot-details/index/catalog/340/lot/135633

I would argue that this floor is larger than the boards he is selling.
    They also look... different.
    And the boards he is selling don't appear to be missing from the original floor.
    Where did they come from?
    The entrance?
    The loo?
    The fevered imagination of a chancer?

We must have answers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If its genuine, and other sections have sold well previously, is it that silly? 

A friend of mine has 2 bricks (framed etc) from Eminems house. They were £350 each and 700 sold out instantly. Thats £250k. Old wooden seats from Anfield sold out at £225 a few years ago (6,000 of them so thats over 1.5m) so if you can work out how to chop it up, theres money to be made here.  

I thought Eminem grew up in a trailer park? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4583
    edited November 2022
    Imagine (lol) that weird, shitty gunk you get on your shoes - the gloop that seems to infest every nightclub and gig venue in the land. Now reckon that there's decades of it on that wood.

I don't know what anyone would be planning to do with it, but surely stage (arf arf) one has to be "put on a good mask and bang it through the planer". At which point I suppose you've lost the USP of the whole thing, but anyone who's bought a few sheets of ply lately probably won't flinch too hard at the outlay lol 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24692
    If its genuine, and other sections have sold well previously, is it that silly? 

I thought Eminem grew up in a trailer park? 
    Maybe it was a stationary trailer.  And those were the bricks it was propped up on?
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4051
    p90fool said:
    She Loves Yew
    Baby It's Yew
    Gotta Get Yew Into My Life
    I'm Looking Through Yew
    I Want To Sell Yew

I am the walnut. 
    Winner
  • octatonic said:
    So this seems to be the auction.

https://www.julienslive.com/lot-details/index/catalog/340/lot/135633

I would argue that this floor is larger than the boards he is selling.
    They also look... different.
    And the boards he is selling don't appear to be missing from the original floor.
    Where did they come from?
    The entrance?
    The loo?
    The fevered imagination of a chancer?

We must have answers.
    It looks like the whole stage was sold at that auction. Is it possible that Essex Recording Studios purchased the whole stage and are now selling it off in lots?

He seems to have no shortage of cash, and presuming there were multiple bidders on the original auction and considering it is Beatles-related, the pricing is not totally crazy. Though I would have thought that the appeal of the stage would be to have the whole thing and then set install it somewhere, as opposed to having bits of it stuck on your wall. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    a. I will never understand the attraction of memorabilia. Seriously.

Says the man with 17 warehouses full of interesting historical artefacts

:D
    That may be so, but it’s the ‘aura’ associated with celebrity that I don’t get.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4223
    edited November 2022
    Name: Keith Gannon
    Profession: Cunt
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom