Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Essex Recording Studios jumps the shark

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• I’ve just rented a rehearsal room in Ryde… this could be just the ticket!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13357
    Philtre said:
    Name: Keith Gannon
    Profession: Cunt
    Staus: Totally fucking deluded
    For such a big shot in the music biz, his LinkedIn profile is a very thin read.  He only has 131 followers and 128 connections.  But he does have 'the largest guitar collection in the UK'.

I checked his skills and in fairness to him, 'professional cunt' isn't one of them @Philtre ;

Just sayin'.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/keith-gannon-425033192/?originalSubdomain=uk
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34255
    octatonic said:
    So this seems to be the auction.

https://www.julienslive.com/lot-details/index/catalog/340/lot/135633

I would argue that this floor is larger than the boards he is selling.
    They also look... different.
    And the boards he is selling don't appear to be missing from the original floor.
    Where did they come from?
    The entrance?
    The loo?
    The fevered imagination of a chancer?

We must have answers.
    It looks like the whole stage was sold at that auction. Is it possible that Essex Recording Studios purchased the whole stage and are now selling it off in lots?

He seems to have no shortage of cash, and presuming there were multiple bidders on the original auction and considering it is Beatles-related, the pricing is not totally crazy. Though I would have thought that the appeal of the stage would be to have the whole thing and then set install it somewhere, as opposed to having bits of it stuck on your wall. 
    Nope.

"The much smaller other section of this stage sold at Juliens Auctions on April 10th 2020 for a Hammer price $26,500 + 25% buyer's premium = $32,000!! This is the much larger remainder of the stage!"

So according to him these are different boards to the ones sold via julienslive.

The man likes an exclamation point...er... !!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2945
    Stevepage said:
    Buy some old shit,attach a famous name to it = try and sell for lots of money. 
    On Antique Road Show this week they had lots of loveky things, of value several hundreds, some a few thousand and some lovely antique jewellery for something like £8000.  All lovely valuable stuff.

then they had a suit that Jack Nicholson wore as the Joker, and it’s value was over £100,000!!  And it looked like the moths had had it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Offset said:
    Philtre said:
    Name: Keith Gannon
    Profession: Cunt
    Staus: Totally fucking deluded
    For such a big shot in the music biz, his LinkedIn profile is a very thin read.  He only has 131 followers and 128 connections.  But he does have 'the largest guitar collection in the UK'.

I checked his skills and in fairness to him, 'professional cunt' isn't one of them @Philtre ;

Just sayin'.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/keith-gannon-425033192/?originalSubdomain=uk
    Amateur cunt, then..?  :3
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Mike58Mike58 Frets: 166
    I find it almost funny that an obvious scammer can get away with this stuff for years and enjoy profit and all the allegedly good stuff that comes with that , with no comeback . Nil nyada.
    It’s as if everything is broken right now, NHS, Government, any sort of moral compass.
    Meanwhile fraud is becoming the norm and there is absolutely NO recourse to justice or the law these days.
    Imagine how you feel buying some of the lesser priced shit this guy sells and you find it’s all a con. You might be less well informed that your average The Fretboard user… but you are still conned, no chance of refund.. just another mug in his Essex Recording Studio selling history.
    Reminds me of Denmark St and Musicground horrors… no one gives a shit anymore.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Mike58 said:
    I find it almost funny that an obvious scammer can get away with this stuff for years and enjoy profit and all the allegedly good stuff that comes with that , with no comeback . Nil nyada.
    It’s as if everything is broken right now, NHS, Government, any sort of moral compass.
    Meanwhile fraud is becoming the norm and there is absolutely NO recourse to justice or the law these days.
    Imagine how you feel buying some of the lesser priced shit this guy sells and you find it’s all a con. You might be less well informed that your average The Fretboard user… but you are still conned, no chance of refund.. just another mug in his Essex Recording Studio selling history.
    Reminds me of Denmark St and Musicground horrors… no one gives a shit anymore.
    I don’t think that scamming is symptomatic of current trends or any other recent events - there has always been scamming and there always will be.

The principal of caveat emptor applies now just as much as it has done for centuries. 

I think the real problem is that the scammers are playing on the fact that there are plenty of people out there who aren’t cautious because they think the law will protect them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10512
    I wonder if he's gonna let all the local, young and upcoming musicians stand on it. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2431
    I wonder if he's gonna let all the local, young and upcoming musicians stand on it. 
    Of course. At a price...
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    Stevepage said:
    Buy some old shit,attach a famous name to it = try and sell for lots of money. 
    Isn't that the basic principal of the designer fashion industry ?
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 262
    HELP! I need some wonga! 
    Not just just any wonga!
    HE-EE-LP!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3441
    Meh. Not interested.

But if they had some old Dave Mustaine stage planks then I'd be all over them.
  • NelsonP said:
    Meh. Not interested.

But if they had some old Dave Mustaine stage planks then I'd be all over them.
    What, you mean like David Ellefson?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The chances of it being genuine is pretty slim knowing this guy, I have seen a few things he has bought of ebay for nothing then put some fake provenance too about being used by someone famous or even just called rare for rare sake. Actually I'm sure we all have. 
    But I still hate the fact he goes on about his business and in the fine print says this is not sold under the business so does not have any return policy or comeback etc etc. Unless he has changed it to be legit these days
  • Actually looking through his listings here is some prime bull poo of a listing. I remember when they were on market place for less than 500 cause nobody wanted them except zakk fans. And emg hz are terrible which is why they are not used anymore 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185638226565?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=I6kQUce0SWq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=iI9QjFLRQEe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• If its genuine, and other sections have sold well previously, is it that silly? 

A friend of mine has 2 bricks (framed etc) from Eminems house. They were £350 each and 700 sold out instantly. Thats £250k. Old wooden seats from Anfield sold out at £225 a few years ago (6,000 of them so thats over 1.5m) so if you can work out how to chop it up, theres money to be made here.  

I thought Eminem grew up in a trailer park? 
    That was my first question! Apparently part of his childhood, then in a small house which burnt down in 2013, and these 700 bricks were salvaged, packaged and signed for his charity
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32351
    One thing which always rings alarm bells for me is concert posters with the year as part of the date, "Saturday 14th May 1960".

Did people really do that? I'm not sure I've ever seen it on a contemporary poster. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6928
    Dya reckon he has anything by the Carpenters?
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom