Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Shoot Out The Lights: Bartel vs Lazy J10 vs Two Rock - A LONG Review

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9647
    The master volume is really good. I’m a huge believer everything sounds good loud but you don’t lose tone with the master volume so it can be very very quiet indeed. Frankly the Starwood with the volume on 2 wouldn’t be offensive to anyone downstairs so would be fine in a terrace
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8221
    chris78 said:
    The master volume is really good. I’m a huge believer everything sounds good loud but you don’t lose tone with the master volume so it can be very very quiet indeed. Frankly the Starwood with the volume on 2 wouldn’t be offensive to anyone downstairs so would be fine in a terrace
    Agreed. The attenuator on the Bartel is the only one I've tried that genuinely doesn't seem to sound naff at lower volumes.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9728
    Bump for reference.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5117
    edited August 2023
    Thread bump for a Bartel Starwood that may be coming up for sale soon… 

260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31270
    edited August 2023
    Having owned both the Bartel and various Lazy Js, my view was the LJ does ONE thing best, the Bartel does many things brilliantly.

However, the sheer chime and size of the J40 (mine) is addictive. Nothing comes close, so far. It's like a tweedy Hiwatt. Or indeed a HP Tweed Twin, which it's 1/2 of.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5117
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/