Bass amp required - Help

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bassdtbassdt Frets: 0
    I heard the barefaced cabs are really light and great. I have 2 EBS 12" speakers which are also great and means I can just use one or 2 of them depending on the gig. I've thought about swapping them for barefaced speaker, but haven't gotten round to it. Presumably you mean amp and speaker (not just amp). I have an EBS HD350 amp I'm about to sell but if he doesn't drive he would want something really small right? How does he get to gigs?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24372
    Barefaced are amazing bass cabs. I've had a couple of different models but I'm now settled on a mini stack of a One10 and a One10T. It's a tiny set up and as loud as some of the old 4x10 cabs I used to have. And amazingly light weight.

I did have a Super Twin for a while and it was magnificent but ultimately I didn't need that level of overkill anymore. Alas.

The 10 inch series of cabs have been designed to be close in tone to the old Ampeg fridges and the 12 inch stuff goes far deeper into the bass with a flatter mid response.

The cone size has nothing to do with it by the way. The old myth of 10s having a sound and 15s having a sound needs to die. It's entirely possible to design a 6 inch speaker that has the same EQ curve as an 18 inch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom