Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What new song are you currently learning / working on?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10037
    edited November 2022
    I'm learning The Sun Is In Your Eyes by Jacob Collier on piano, and Sky is a Landfill by Jeff Buckley on guitar

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29208
    Cello club has restarted, so I'm trying to write for four cellos. Three is fairly easy, but fitting four parts in without using the tenor or treble clefs is tricky, and only one of us is much use at the dusty end. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    I'm back working on four instrumentals that I've had on the go for about a decade (keep giving up!):

Satriani - Always with me, always with you
    Vai - the Crying machine
    Thomas Blug - Beauty
    Top Gun theme

I will never be able to play any of them like they should be played, but I'm happy to get something that sounds near enough! Needless to say they are all a bit beyond me. Three of them I can get through about half at the moment, the Crying game is a bit further off, and probably the one I will take most liberties with!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Three of them I can get through about half at the moment, the Crying game [Machine] is a bit further off, and probably the one I will take most liberties with!
    Sounds about right: with liberties and justice for all! ;)
    axisus said:
    Three of them I can get through about half at the moment, the Crying game [Machine] is a bit further off, and probably the one I will take most liberties with!
    Sounds about right: with liberties and justice for all! ;)
    Ho ho! what was I thinking! Getting senile .....
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12461
    Rolling Stones Can't you hear me knockin, open G, timing is a bit weird, easy to play but not easy to get right.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4396
    Steely Dan - Kings solo

RHCP - Can't Stop

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4780
    edited November 2022
    I'm having to learn Standing in the Way of Control by Gossip for a project. It's appallingly great. 
    @fastonebaz , FTFY, and Wow awarded for choosing an awesome track.
  • I've just gone through learning 18 original songs written by the bandleader in my new band to the point where I can gig them and confidently play the solos and other parts I wrote for some of them (with an iPad for prompts, still, I'm afraid). Now it's my turn to get them to do the same with a dozen of mine before we shake down and consolidate ourselves into one unit. But I can't just do that all the time, I'd go crazy.

So, for relaxation, I'm revisiting some solo playing. I'm getting Horizons (Steve Hackett) back up to speed, learning a John Dowland lute piece (Orlando Sleepeth) and trying to work out a solo acoustic version of Red (King Crimson).
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10431

U2 - The Electric Co. I'm about 80% of the way there, just need to work on my timing and accuracy in a couple of places. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
     I'm getting Horizons (Steve Hackett) back up to speed
    Nice!
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7846

There’s a short BBC documentary on there somewhere as well about the original, Doug Wood had a home multi track set up and recorded all the instruments himself on the original. He was playing guitar in bar bands and having this used as the snooker theme started his career in music production. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • YYZ  RUSH.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1025
    edited November 2022
    Am trying to learn this by Tom Bukovac, he played it when he went to pick up his new Jeff Senn Stratocaster.

https://youtu.be/cD8NYEGWvMY

Here’s the tab if anyone else fancies learning it: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/592713f9d2b857857ae81de7/t/593be8799de4bbf286deec3f/1497098361618/Buk+-+Full+Score.pdf