Spotify - top songs of 2022 - share

What's Hot
CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 890
edited December 2022 in Music
Hi all. Thought it might be interesting to share our top songs played in 2022. 

Here is mine. 

I made quite a few playlists for my step kid who is living in Bournemouth,  so it was a way of feeling closer to them. They really liked a modest mouse song, so that set me off slightly into all the other albums. 

Modest Mouse Dashboard is my most played

So most of this is actually songs I was picking for them. 

As usual Clutch,Cage, Wilco all feature in my most played. 

Be interested to see your playlist, I am off work Ill at the moment and could do with new music to listen to

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5216
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1F0sijgNaJdgit?si=l4gdzPc4Sma_Wynm42k9xA&utm_source=copy-link

Oddly the megadeth song is just one that spotify keeps playing after an album ends and not one I've chosen myself. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7063
    Stone Roses - Waterfall - played 47 times (as I was learning it on vocals and guitar, so played it during my lunchtime walk until I could sing the lyrics and guitar solo from memory)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 890
    edited December 2022
    mrkb said:
    Stone Roses - Waterfall - played 47 times (as I was learning it on vocals and guitar, so played it during my lunchtime walk until I could sing the lyrics and guitar solo from memory)
    Theres a solo ? Now I need to go listen again 

edit - oh yeah somehow I had forgotten that, I even learnt it once as well. Great song, saw them live on one of the Manchester reunion gigs

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Oddly it just takes me to my own playlist. 

Wonder if mine does the same for you. Maybe they messed up the sharing link 

• https://imgur.com/a/NLVQ6Dw

YouTube music gives me a top 5, of these 4 were songs I played along to on guitar hence the repeats. And only one of the five released later than about 1980. 
    I have no particular explanation for the apparent artist at number two! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7063
    mrkb said:
    They’re a solo ? Now I need to go listen again 

edit - oh yeah somehow I had forgotten that, I even learnt it once as well. Great song, saw them live on one of the Manchester reunion gigs
    More of an outro jam - but has a weird bar length repeated structure and fades out.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10916
    I can't find mine. It's usually stuff I've learnt (or tried to!)
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7900
    edited December 2022
    Nothing very rock n roll in 2022

When I saw teenage dream at no5 I felt compelled to share track 6 onwards in the hope of restoring some musical credibility hahaha, but erm nope. 

• robertyroberty Frets: 10916
    Found it, mine is just The Smile and Rust In Peace
  • Nothing very rock n roll in 2022

When I saw teenage dream at no5 I felt compelled to share track 6 onwards in the hope of restoring some musical credibility hahaha, but erm nope. 

I don’t know most of these so will have a listen 

• Nothingroberty said:
    Found it, mine is just The Smile and Rust In Peace
    Good choices though

• My top 5 songs were all from the Jack White album released in April, which I suppose isn't much of a surprise.

I'm not sure why but Queen were in my top 5 listened to artists, but otherwise the top 4 were predictable - Jack White, White Stripes, Laura Marling, Jeff Buckley
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • My top 5 songs were all from the Jack White album released in April, which I suppose isn't much of a surprise.

I'm not sure why but Queen were in my top 5 listened to artists, but otherwise the top 4 were predictable - Jack White, White Stripes, Laura Marling, Jeff Buckley
    I’ve not listened the Jack White album. I take it your like it. Will give that a go. I did like the raconteurs

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 890
    edited December 2022
    Oh and my top artists were fairly predictable to me. 
    Wilco
    Cage
    Modest mouse
    Clutch 

but somehow Ryan Adam’s got on which surprised me. As not really played any but I have played a lot of interpol 

I’ve not listened the Jack White album. I take it your like it. Will give that a go. I did like the raconteurs
    Well I'm a bit of a fan boy so I wouldn't take my word for it. There's two to choose from this year, electric one and acoustic one. They are both alright, sound like Jack White, not going to change the world or anything but decent listens each I guess. None of the acoustics ones feature in the top 20 of my top 100 songs this year on Spotify, if that counts for anything.

I don't mind the Raconteurs, they have their moments
  • Oh an my top artists were fairly predictable to me. 
    Wilco
    Cage
    Modest mouse
    Clutch 

but somehow Ryan Adam’s got on which surprised me. As not really played any but I have played a lot of interpol 
    Loved Modest Mouse to bits back in the day between "Moon" & "we were dead".

Same with Wilco's Sky blue sky & follow up. 

You ever listened to Andrew Bird? Try "are you serious" & mysterious production of eggs, very clever songwriting. 

Also, the first Wolf Parade album & Songs Ohia: magnolia
  • Oh an my top artists were fairly predictable to me. 
    Wilco
    Cage
    Modest mouse
    Clutch 

Loved Modest Mouse to bits back in the day between "Moon" & "we were dead".

Same with Wilco's Sky blue sky & follow up. 

You ever listened to Andrew Bird? Try "are you serious" & mysterious production of eggs, very clever songwriting. 

Also, the first Wolf Parade album & Songs Ohia: magnolia
    I haven’t will add them all to a Spotify playlist and have a listen. Thanks for the recommendation 

• There's an Andrew Bird "From The Basement" video on YouTube which is absolutely phenomenal
  • There's an Andrew Bird "From The Basement" video on YouTube which is absolutely phenomenal
    I think I mixed him up with someone else. I like it. 

• Here it is:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom