Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Showaddywaddy...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisus said:
    They were great fun as a band to be honest. As a kid I couldn't believe Dave Bartram's massive mouth! Shame he left the band but then he is 70 now.
    IIRC Dave felt he couldn’t gig anymore and became the band’s manger. Don’t know wether he still is. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23762
    CaseOfAce said:
    Philly_Q said:
    How many original members are there?  Three or four, from the looks of that poster?
    I was curious about this myself. By the looks of the poster you'd assume what you'd said - but turns out the drummer is the only original member of the group from the 70s...
    My mistake for simply assuming the old geezers must be originals!
  • CaseOfAce said:
    Philly_Q said:
    How many original members are there?  Three or four, from the looks of that poster?
    I was curious about this myself. By the looks of the poster you'd assume what you'd said - but turns out the drummer is the only original member of the group from the 70s...
    Romeo challenger is the only one left . Trevor Oakes popped round mine for breakfast once a few years ago he used to play at jam nights in Torquay ,lovely chap. He also used to come in the pub my mum & dad managed in Blaby Leicester called the bakers arms , mum told him off as he wanted serving in front of some others and was being a bit cocky . I think another also lived in Blaby above one of the paper shops . I think Trevor’s son played for oundle fc & Peterborough fc 
    romeos son plays for one of those south coast teams like Portsmouth I think 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14855
    tFB Trader
    Back in the 70's one, or more, of the members co owned Sound Pad in Leicester with Graham Pell - The business was ultimately purchased by Carlsbro, which became Academy of Sound and eventually Sound Control - then went tits up - Graham with his son, moved to Devon and still own/run Sound Pad in Barnstable
  • PjonPjon Frets: 313
    prowla said:
    I saw them in the 90s at a conference - they were really good!
    A rockabilly conference?
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    Apparently Dave Bartram’s autobiography is quite ‘interesting’.   :o
  • Showaddywaddy are my auld fella's favourite group. When I was a kid he'd come into my room and tell me why whatever music I was listening to was inferior to the great 'waddywaddy'....... I got us tickets to see them a couple of years ago at the Mecca of live music, the Tiv in Buckley, North Wales. I was looking forward to sticking the boot in to a cheesy show band -  but after ten. minutes I realised how churlish and pointless that would have been..... by the end of the night I was converted. I mean it wasn't exactly reportage from the front line of rock'n'roll, nor was it a performance wrought from the cathartic, bleeding heart of the. suffering artist....  but what it was was a lot of fun - a proper little celebration of the joy of music for music's sake.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom