Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Derren Brown Infamous

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stickyfiddle;360867" said:
    Just watched it. A bit less showy than some of his previous shows, but really good. I'd love to see him live.
    Money well spent, I promise.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2452
    Big fan here too. Haven't seen him live yet but he's playing in and around my town during his next tour so I certainly aim to go and see him then.  Both of his books Tricks Of The Mind and Confessions Of A Conjurer are brilliant reads.  He's an incredibly intelligent and talented man who comes across as very humble and down to earth.  And his artwork is absolutely amazing!

As for Infamous, yeah, blagged my head, especially the phone number finale.  I could be wrong here but the only way I can accept that he managed to do all that - the random numbers etc - was through suggestion and manipulation, which he does so seamlessly.

Overall, he's quite simply an amazing showman.
  • I had a theory which could be way out but...

Assuming he didn't use stooges/someone feeding info to him etc, what if he somehow researched every punter and remembered certain details about them then recalled it later? There was too much detail to be just getting info from tells etc and I want to believe there was some form of talent or skill involved but fuck knows. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2452
    edited September 2014
    ... but fuck knows. 
    That's exactly the same conclusion I come to.  I reckon a lot of other people do too.
  • A complete mind f**k.

Is it even remotely possible to memorise the complete works of Shakespeare and 3 massive volumes of bus timetables. It can't be. Saw Dynamo do it (with another 1000 page text book) on his show recently. So...........how is it done.??!!

The randomness of 8 dice numbers added to another random10 digit number to make a random persons mobile number is unbelievable. I'm sure the guy making up the 10 digit number thought he was throwing a massive spanner in the works by putting loads of 9s in there but it clearly could have been anything and would still work.  HOW ??!!