SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

£20k to splurge, what’s the closest I can get to a ‘59 Burst

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15242
    tFB Trader
    slugelise said:
    Terry Morgan? There's one on reverb for £20k.
    f*ck me - I did not realise this is now the asking price for such a guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15242
    edited January 2023 tFB Trader
    Conversions are a pretty good option. Here's my 52/57 

that looks might fine - One of the finest 'old guitars' I played was a similar conversion a couple of years ago - If they are done well and right they can be very nice - But I've seen few very dodgy examples including one on Gardiner and Houlgate about 2/3 auctions ago that had barely any credible 'heritage' to it
  • Conversions are a pretty good option. Here's my 52/57 

that looks might fine - One of the finest 'old guitars' I played was a similar conversion a couple of years ago - If they are done well and right they can be very nice - But I've seen few very dodgy examples including one on Gardiner and Houlgate about 2/3 auctions ago that had barely any credible 'heritage' to it

Thanks @guitars4you . I agree, when it comes conversions the person who did the conversion is very important, this one was a Dave Johnson conversion done about 15 years ago now. 

Yeah that one at G&H did not look good at all. Hopefully the person who bought it wasn’t too disappointed. My only issue with conversions is when people start converting Juniors and Specials into bursts. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlloAllo Frets: 137
    45 k for a 68 and a tm..... I will take 2 of each please.only I will have to wait for my wages to go in.
    It's not cricket mother