Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Jeff Beck- your favourite tracks/ vids/ moments- and maybe a place to start for the curious...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    I was into the Yardbirds way back, an influence from my best pal's older bro. I bought an excellent bootleg tape with Jeff from a music fayre back in the late 70s. He kind of fell off my radar, but for some reason I bought the vinyl of Guitar shop when it was released in 89. Wow! amazing album, it blew my socks off! Still my fave album of his.

Other stuff of his came along, all good, but then my other real wow moment was getting the Live at Ronnie Scott's DVD & CD. This is absolutely Jeff at his best, a phenomenal aural treat of an album, and one that perfectly displays the player that he was.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16421
    My only link to Beck really was that I can claim to have played with one of the same musicians that he did. Mine was a jam at a wedding rather than a successful album but here’s Jeff with my piano player…

https://youtu.be/EiiVYP4CSyw

I never particularly enjoyed the fusion era stuff, clever musak to me unfortunately. So having pigeonholed him somewhere in my mind watching the Ronnie Scott’s gig on tv, out of curiosity, was a bit of a revelation. It’s been mentioned a few times already and if someone wanted a primer on Jeff it would seem to be as good a place to start as any. 

I really like the Loud Hailer album, which if nothing else showed that Jeff wasn’t as frightened of contemporary music as some of his fans seemed to be…

And this clip from 1965 suggest that Jeff came out of the womb wanting to create mayhem with a guitar…

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11444
    I can't do the link on my phone but go back n YouTube and search for Definitely Maybe on Beat Club. It's nothing short of magnificent. 

• scrumhalf said:
    I can't do the link on my phone but go back n YouTube and search for Definitely Maybe on Beat Club. It's nothing short of magnificent. 
    Allow me...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2457
    Jeff on Jools Hollands Hootenanny 2002, just amazing. Been a favourite clip for the last 20 yrs...
    https://youtu.be/9zi3V_HITo8
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom