SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: PRS SE Silver Sky - Photos & Video

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5120
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    Let us know when yours lands @ToneControl ;;
    I'm so glad you asked
    Delivery was due tomorrow, I went to check and found the order had not completed - my browser had failed to show a pop-up asking me to confirm on my credit card's phone app.
    I just ordered again, now all OK for delivery tomorrow. He said they don't need a shop set-up
    That was lucky. I ordered mine yesterday morning and it was here by 10am somehow. Should be fine out of the box like they say
    Sadly guitar still not here, should have been here 2 days ago
    DHL have mislaid it, Anderton's CCTV shows it going in the van, but not scanned in at the depot

seems I'm unlucky, the SE I bought before Christmas from somewhere else was supposed to arrive Tuesday before Christmas, but arrived 8 days later

now need to wait until DHL find the parcel apparently.
    Not too impressed with customer service tbh, why not just send me a different one?
    Perhaps, with their consent, I should order a second one and cancel the first order?
    Courier and parcel services have been pretty bad over the pre Christmas and post Christmas periods I think (based on experiences). I would assume that they won't send you a replacement until the other one turns up or until it's been declared lost by DHL (7 working days with Evri I believe, not sure with DHL). Andertons can then claim the loss and send you a replacement. Until then Andertons could possibly lose the value of one guitar if they send you a replacement before that point. 

It sucks though, and I hope you get sorted either way.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28245
    I had a problem with a delayed delivery from another guitar retailer, in the lead up to Xmas.

The another retailer recalled the delayed parcel from the courier and let me pick up a replacement before the recalled parcel had got back to them.  Which I did, happily.

Delayed parcel then got delivered to me (”delivered” as in “left outside the front door”) a few days after Xmas.

A few hours later, uncomfortable-looking courier driver asked if he could collect the parcel that he shouldn’t have delivered (left outside) earlier in the day ….
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12189
    hyperben said:
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    I'm so glad you asked
    Delivery was due tomorrow, I went to check and found the order had not completed - my browser had failed to show a pop-up asking me to confirm on my credit card's phone app.
    I just ordered again, now all OK for delivery tomorrow. He said they don't need a shop set-up
    That was lucky. I ordered mine yesterday morning and it was here by 10am somehow. Should be fine out of the box like they say
    DHL have mislaid it, Anderton's CCTV shows it going in the van, but not scanned in at the depot

seems I'm unlucky, the SE I bought before Christmas from somewhere else was supposed to arrive Tuesday before Christmas, but arrived 8 days later

Not too impressed with customer service tbh, why not just send me a different one?
    Perhaps, with their consent, I should order a second one and cancel the first order?
    You don’t need their consent as you’re entitled to return it within 14 days of receiving it anyway. I’d order another before the deal ends or the stock runs out as they seem to be selling quickly. 
    True, and I asked them to reserve one for me on the 18th, but they want to wait until next Tuesday to see if this one turns up. I decided not to get grumpy and go with the flow. They said more white ones were coming in actually
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12189
    hyperben said:
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    I'm so glad you asked

You don’t need their consent as you’re entitled to return it within 14 days of receiving it anyway. I’d order another before the deal ends or the stock runs out as they seem to be selling quickly. 
    True, and I asked them to reserve one for me on the 18th, but they want to wait until next Tuesday to see if this one turns up. I decided not to get grumpy and go with the flow. They said more white ones were coming in actually
    It wasn't found. I wish I'd just cancelled and ordered from Sound Affects instead  - I didn't see them selling it and they are local-ish

I called yesterday, and eventually they said they were sending one to arrive today. It's here now. Neck relief is high, I'm waiting to see if that self-corrects as it gets used to normal humidity