SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn F/T - Fret King Stvdio Tele 2016 Custom Shop Hand Built

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SammySammy Frets: 130
    Found this on the JHS website, to just confirm the differences on the Fret-King Guitars from the bog standard Black Series to the Top of the Range Stvdio Series!

Alongside Blue Label™, from the UK Fret-King workshop, JHS introduced Fret-King® Green Label™, which were exceptionally high quality, custom shop environment, low volume hand-built instruments. So subtly nuanced, these traditional designs were fettled to feel like the ‘go-to’ guitar you’d played every day for fifty years but were imbued with modern reliability and all the benefits of Trev’s decades of knowledge of hardware, pickup design, fit and finish.

The lucky few who own a Fret-King® Green Label™ guitar or bass have a thing of beauty and a peerless musical instrument easily the equal of the highest dollar instrument produced by any maker.

Of even greater rarity are the few Fret-King® Atelier Series™ guitars produced, which were one off cosmetic enhancements of stock Green Label® guitars.

Rarer still, as literally only a few were made, are Fret-King® STVDIO Series™, which as the brochure of the day said were “Beyond exclusive, these unique atelier design exercises showcase the outside of the envelope of Fret-King’s capabilities. Created personally by Trev Wilkinson and his master builder Mike Smith, in Trev’s Southport workshop, these one-off instruments blur the boundaries between guitars and art with off-the-wall cosmetics, mind-blowing configurations, tonal capabilities that will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck, and playability to die for.

And you even now have the choice of Humbucker or Single coil in the bridge position on mine! ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Okay still haven't had any offers of a lighter Tele as a p/ex only same or heavier!  :'(
     So give it one more time to see if there is anyone out there before maybe having to just going for cash sale and find my own lightweight Tele! 
    edited August 2023
    Unfortunately, apart from same or heavier Tele's no one has yet come up with lighter one to trade!

edited June 2023
    Still haven't had anyone offer a lighter model which I require, so will maybe have to source one myself!
    Have had offers, but unfortunately still no lighter Telecasters! So as I need a lighter guitar would now be willing to maybe Trade for something other than a Telecaster. Must be around 7lbs preferably under, but no heavy metal type guitars, Les Pauls etc, lightweight semi would be okay.
    So W.H.Y. 
    Had some more offers but nothing suitable, so still looking. :/
    Nearly traded with one of the offers, but decided the guitar was unfortunately not really for me!

So this absolute lovely Tele is still here waiting for the right exchange. :)

edited September 2023

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5116
    edited August 2023
    Sammy said:
    Have not had anything that suits in trying to do a P/EX so will now consider accepting any reasonable offer.
    Lovely guitar. What’s the asking price? You need to state a price if it’s for sale on here. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    edited February 18

Having played the guitar at rehersal this week, I have decided to keep it as it just sounded and played great and quite honestly wouldn't get another Telecaster anywhere near as good unless it was a similar type quality trade.
    Therefore it would be plain stupid to let it go, so for now will just have to put up with the extra bit of weight.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I took this off last year as per above. Have since sold my Chris Eccleshall 335 on Fretboard, as previously mentioned on here as I had to have it, but was too heavy to take out and have now found a nice lightweight 335 which I can use.

So am again on the look out for a nice lightweight Tele, if someone has one to trade, which I prefer, but would also be open to reasonable offer to just sell, as I can now use my new 335 to play out and wait until I find a Tele I want.

It appears some of the pics are now missing, especially showing the original pickguard with the original humbucker in it, which you can just swap over by changing the pickguard and soldering a couple of wires. So will get some more pics up as soon as I have some time.

Any questions please ask, as had various previous offers of trade, but they were either too heavy or not my type of guitar required.

So if just interested in a trade only lightweight Telecasters 7lbs or preferably, under please. Thanks
  • Still can’t see a price
    Sorry forgot to include, as previously only really interested in a trade for lighter guitar. So if traded, which I would still prefer, value around £1,100 depending on value of offered Tele etc, or as mention, as I now have a lightweight 335 which I can currently use out, so for cash £950, which is really cheap for this quality handbuilt Tele, which includes the extra pickguard with Brad Pasiley pickup,as per current photo.

Will put some more photos up asap, including original pickup with humbucker.
    Any lighter Teles for Trade, the Fret King is quite light at approx 7.6lbs as Teles go, but just a bit too heavy for me!
    Would also consider rosewood board if lightweight! B
    edited February 18
    Have had some further offers of Trade plus offer to buy but too far away as won't post!

Have now actually found a nice lightweight Tele and the person is holding it for me for a week.

As advised I won't post, but would be willing to meet half way if not too far or could come up to London and meet up if travelling by Train from afar.

In the meantime would still be interested in a Trade cash either way, if you have a good lighter Tele under 7lbs and it would be suitable, but don't think there can be too many out there, as the only trades offered, whilst some good ones, have been other types of guitars!
    B)