Ryder Cup

What's Hot
Christ...I hate golf.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15916

there is something worse than playing golf.

watching other people playing golf.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuego;362598" said:
    there is something worse than playing golf.  watching other people playing golf.
    There's something even worse than that, which is:

Watching people who are really terrible at playing Golf, whilst being stood on the Tee waiting to play Golf.

"Hurry up, take the bloody shot for Christ Sake"

;-)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Even if you hate golf, the Ryder Cup can be enjoyable. It's easily my favourite sporting event. Amazing weekend of drama guaranteed
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4405
    I love the Ryder Cup, it's always good. The last one in Medinah was superb.

It's a good weekend for sport. Ryder Cup, North London Derby and the Cycling World Road Race Champs.

The Mrs ain't happy.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• CHRISB50 said:
    It's a good weekend for sport. Ryder Cup, North London Derby and the
    Cycling World Road Race Champs.

Nice win over Tony Martin for Bradders the other day :D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • A good walk spoiled.

The only game a white man can dress like a black pimp and get away with it.

Where old men always get wood.

Etc, etc.

Golf on the PC FTW.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    edited September 2014
    I quite like the idea of golf, as a game. But seemingly you have to dress like a nonce to play it, and for that reason alone, I'm out. 

And that whole, no women in the bar thing.... Wtf....
  • A sport I can happily play but not sit and watch. Thankfully, players like Happy Gilmore have helped to change the face of the game... ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73223
    I watched the 'highlights' from the opening concert last night… a lot of it was pretty painful, but two things stood out - Eddi Reader demonstrating that if you can really sing, it becomes very obvious that other people are, er… not so good, and Nile Rodgers.

Nil Points for the mixing which was shockingly poor, but at least you could hear Nile's guitar properly for a change. Not quite sure what Chic has to do with golf in Scotland, but whatever it is was good since they were by far the highlight of the whole show. And Jake Bugg wasn't too bad surprisingly, although I'm not quite sure why he was there either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GassageGassage Frets: 31262
    @icbm

Far be it from me to sit on modernist bandwagons but Jake Bugg can play, and I really do mean play.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    RobDavies said:
    I quite like the idea of golf, as a game. But seemingly you have to dress like a nonce to play it, and for that reason alone, I'm out. 

And that whole, no women in the bar thing.... Wtf....
    New legislation has changed this now....equality and all that.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Gassage said:
    Far be it from me to sit on modernist bandwagons but Jake Bugg can play, and I really do mean play.
    I agree, I just thought he was a surprising choice and I know a lot of people don't think much of him. I've got his first album - I quite like it, I should probably follow up and try the second one too. He might have come across well because messing up the mix of just a guitar and vocal is harder than the mess the BBC were making of the full bands, too!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24732
    They need to speed it up....  with SPEED GOLF !!

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    I have already penned a post for TGP along the lines of "As America isn't really a country you'd call a sporting nation do you need to recruit other nations to be able to compete in the Ryder Cup?"

And I can't fucking wait.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    The hate on golf is always hilarious. If you can't appreciate the brilliance of the Ryder cup then words fail me....
    edited September 2014
    Just posted this- I shall wait for the frothing and mock outrage.

I guess the difference is Europe is sports barmy and everyone plays or watches everything. The US isn't really that much of a sporting nation in so far as it plays very few sports on the world stage.

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2043
    I absolutely love the Ryder Cup. Sporting event of every two years for me.  Can't really understand why anyone interested in sport wouldn't enjoy it and why anyone not interested in sport would give a fuck either way.
    I *can* sort-of understand the hate for golf, but any sport which numbers Alice Cooper amongst its players can't be all bad.

Vince Gill is chair of the Musos Golf Soc. Plays off scratch.

• The sport itself does nothing for me, but the attitude, snobbery and misogyny that comes with it is what makes me hate it.