Back in the workshop

What's Hot

Comments

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    Nice :D 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    Last week's efforts, LPJ DC, very conventional, only difference for me, it's made entirely out of Brazilian Mahogany, it come in at at 5lb 6oz. I normally make the bodies out of Africa mahogany and the neck out of Brazilian mahogany..

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    edited May 2023
    Tasty :+1: 

tFB Trader

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

tFB Trader
    Some guitars I finished this week, I should point out the bulk of the work was done last week. I only had the Finishing sanding to do to complete them.

Just for a change a piggy chopping board made from Sycamore. The sycamore is fairly plain with just a hint of ripple, unfortunately it has a few knots in it, otherwise it would've been a cap for Les Paul Gold top.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2023 tFB Trader
    In the coming months I'm having a massive clear out of stock. To give you a taste of what I'm clearing out there's a few photos below to show you.

I've got about six black guard TC kits coming up in all different sorts of woods, from a very basic kit with mainly Wilkinsons hardware to more expensive kits with  Bare Knuckle pickups, or Oil City pickups.

For the more adventurous partcaster builders, I've got some LP standards coming up. The guitar above is sold, slightly different lay out of the controls with no three-way switch at the top, it's down the bottom.

And of course, LPJ DCs.

Plus LPJ single cuts.

All the LPJ's are available with hardware kits, which include and a hand wound P90 dog eared pickups from Hot Rod pickups.

Some of the above photos are from my library, this is just to remind members I make a large variety of guitars, not a one horse man like some companies.

I'm off on holiday today when I come back, I will post some more photos of guitars that are coming up for sale.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3230
    Ooh that thinline jazzmaster! Wow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6904
    Hi, are there any chunky profile rosewood telecaster necks in the clearout? I’ve got one of yours already and love it so want another for a new build.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Hi, are there any chunky profile rosewood telecaster necks in the clearout? I’ve got one of yours already and love it so want another for a new build.
    There will be, but I think it will be more towards the end of the summer. I'm clearing out the stuff above first. I have got quite a few solid rosewood neck blanks to use up, I'll put you on the list.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6904
    GSPBASSES said:
    mrkb said:
    There will be, but I think it will be more towards the end of the summer. I'm clearing out the stuff above first. I have got quite a few solid rosewood neck blanks to use up, I'll put you on the list.
    Ok great, Thanks !
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3339
    Any of those left?

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1797
    edited June 2023
    Great to hear you are back Graham, your work is always inspiring and the beating heart of the forum diy builders 

If you are doing those pig boards with a tele neck joint I am in. LOL

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    grungebob said:
    Any of those left?

That one sold, but there will be some more in about four weeks time. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3230
    GSPBASSES said:
    grungebob said:
    Any of those left?

Ah yes, more temptation (just what I need). I’d buy one of everything if I could, they all look so good! 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3339
    GSPBASSES said:
    grungebob said:
    Any of those left?

I’ll make myself a reminder, thanks. 
  • nacnudnainacnudnai Frets: 246
    grungebob said:
    Any of those left?

One of these with a 6 inline would be absolute killer.
    edited June 2023 tFB Trader
    Back from my holiday, it was very nice to get away from the workshop must do it more often.

For those interested in a RB6, there's 2 being made at the moment, it will be a few weeks before I do any more work on them, as I do have a bit of a backlog to clear first.

This one has had the the cap glued on, it's fully chambered and will be a thin line with a F hole. Haven't decided on the pick up configuration yet, but if somebody is interested in buying it, they can decide what pick ups.

A RB6 having its cap glued on, this will be almost identical to the one above, as they were both cut off the same plank of wood.

The RB6 style of guitar I make do you have a Fender Strat neck pocket, so if anybody wants one with a Fender neck that is very possible. But I should add I don't sell them body only.

tFB Trader
    Have a couple of hours to spare this morning, so I decided to make the first outline jig of the Novo Maris. It's not going to be an exact copy, but very close. I will need to buy another sheet of MDF before I can do anymore. I need to make another jig for the chambering to make them Thinlines with an F hole. I won't need to make a jig for the neck pocket or pickup pockets etc, as I will use the jigs I already have. I will most likely have to make a jig for the pick guard, I searched online, and no third-party companies make one. 

It will be sometime before I actually make any of these, I am semi retired, only putting in two, maybe three hours a day, no more and sometimes a lot less, I also have quite a backlog of work to do.

The rough outline.

Run it through the bandsaw, I've already decided I don't like the shape of the neck pocket, I will round it off as I did on the RB6.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2023 tFB Trader
    Haven't done very much over the last couple of months, but here's some photos of the guitars that I've done recently.

A TC, with a Mahogany body fully chambered with a pretty Walnut cap, the neck is flame Maple with a rosewood fingerboard.

The link below are photos of the finished guitars.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/253922/gsp-x-2#latest

The next two guitars, my version of the RB6 fully chambered, these will be going out to the customers in the next day or so.

Body weight 3lb 1oz.

Body weight 2lb 15oz.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 539
    Some crackers there Grahame 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom