Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Any Joy for Joyo pedals? ( SWIDT)

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3109
edited September 2014 in FX
Folks

Im looking for a cheap n cheerful analogue delay and notice Joyo seem to fit the bill…….it will run through a programmable looper so doesn't need to be stompable or particularly rugged, any known issues?

Paul
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17907
    tFB Trader
    I think they are decent, but like most of those cheap Chinese "Analogue" delays they aint Analogue.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3109
    Ah, good point well presented!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    I used the Joyo Digital Delay (silver one in the wide enclosure) for a good while before replacing it with a Carbon Copy. In all honesty, for the most part i'd say the difference live is negligible. In the studio i'd rather have the CC but I'd have no problem gigging the Joyo any day.
  • I had a Joyo Voodoo Octave pedal, it was well built and robust, but I had to get rid of it in the end because it introduced quite a bit of noise into my chain especially when using the daisy-chained power supply.
  • the analogue Joyos (i.e. compressor, overdrives, phasers etc) are really good
    I've not been impressed much at all with the delays
  • Caline cp-19 deep blue delay is a copy of the mad professor might be worth considering 

• carloscarlos Frets: 3531
    I have a Mooer delay. Very good, buy with confidence.
  • I can recommend the Behringer VD (yuck) 400. Unfortunate name but fortunately a great 100% analogue copy
    of a Boss delay- I think the DM3.
  • I've got one of the Vintage Overdrives, great sound though switch it a bit crap. But for the price, I can't complain.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    monquixote;363177" said:
    I think they are decent, but like most of those cheap Chinese "Analogue" delays they aint Analogue.
    True but there ain't nothing wrong with a decent pt2399 circuit.

The cadine deep blue delay copy is alright. Behringer do a surprisingly good memory man clone except their pedals always give me a lot of noise.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    ^ Most of the joyos I've tried sound pretty good (especially the ones which are based on well-regarded circuits, which is, er, most of them :)) ). Reliability is the concern... mine have been fine but I've heard a fair few horror stories too.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17907
    edited September 2014 tFB Trader
    hugbot said:
    monquixote;363177" said:
    True but there ain't nothing wrong with a decent pt2399 circuit.

The cadine deep blue delay copy is alright. Behringer do a surprisingly good memory man clone except their pedals always give me a lot of noise.
    Quite right and it's no different from the Mad Prof or Wampler pedals it's just a bit naughty that so many digital delays claim to be analogue when they are "analogue style" i.e. have a bit of low pass filtering.
    ^ Agreed.

To be fair to joyo, the older delay they have actually says it's digital, yet it sounds more like one of those hybridy-type ones you're talking about.

I dunno about the newer one- I haven't tried it.
  • I gigged my Ultimate Drive tonight. Have had it about a year. All good

Just for the record I have a BB, a original Zen, various other drives and have owned even more. I was also playing through a Cornford Mk50ii and only using the clean channel with the UD as my main crunch.

I don't always run like this but I have many times and find it quite enjoyable.

I set the joyo to "jazz" setting with gain and volume both about 9 o'clock. Seems to be the sweet spot.
  • Skarloey;363576" said:
    I can recommend the Behringer VD (yuck) 400. Unfortunate name but fortunately a great 100% analogue copy
    Wow, that's a pretty cool sounding pedal (the boss).
  • Skarloey;363576" said:
    I can recommend the Behringer VD (yuck) 400. Unfortunate name but fortunately a great 100% analogue copy
    Wow, that's a pretty cool sounding pedal (the boss).
    If you can't get hold of the Boss the Behringer is a good pedal to try for less than the price of a night out. You can open it up as well and alter a trim pot to give you more delay time if you like. 

I gigged my Ultimate Drive tonight.

I set the joyo to "jazz" setting with gain and volume both about 9 o'clock. Seems to be the sweet spot.
    Is that the Freekish setting?
  • Dave_Mc;363882" said:
    johnonguitar said:

Lol I'm not sure, I think the freekish "mod" just lowers the gain? So probably will sound like the alpha drive.... Wait I mean sound like it's self :p
    Dave_Mc;363882" said:
    johnonguitar said:

Lol I'm not sure, I think the freekish "mod" just lowers the gain? So probably will sound like the alpha drive.... Wait I mean sound like it's self :p
    Yeah I can't remember exactly but I think the Freekish mod just sort of neutered the controls to keep them within Mojoville. So I wouldn't be surprised if your setting isn't far off it. :))
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom