Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Any Joy for Joyo pedals? ( SWIDT)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• The Joyo Sweet Baby is my all time favourite OD pedal.  Low to mid gain, really sweet, only lightly compresses the bass, so pick attack and touch sensitivity is preserved.  I prefer it to my Timmy.

Their Tube Screamer clone is one of the best I've heard, and the Ultimate Drive is the best OCD clone I've heard.  But, the Sweet Baby is the best of the bunch.

It's an exact clone of the Mad Professor Sweet Honey.

Marlin
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the Joyo Flanger and Phaser I've got are just fine. Can't really fault 'em really and dirt cheap.
  • TheMarlin said:
    The Joyo Sweet Baby is my all time favourite OD pedal.  Low to mid gain, really sweet, only lightly compresses the bass, so pick attack and touch sensitivity is preserved.  I prefer it to my Timmy.

Their Tube Screamer clone is one of the best I've heard, and the Ultimate Drive is the best OCD clone I've heard.  But, the Sweet Baby is the best of the bunch.

Marlin
    I have been sorely tempted by one of these, but do I really need a 7th drive pedal?! 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    edited September 2014
    TheMarlin said:
    The Joyo Sweet Baby is my all time favourite OD pedal.  Low to mid gain, really sweet, only lightly compresses the bass, so pick attack and touch sensitivity is preserved.  I prefer it to my Timmy.

Marlin
    I prefer my timmy (er, my cheapo danelectro timmy clone).

Don't get me wrong- the sweet baby is very nice too. Just for me the timmy is nicer.

However- the sweet baby is really, really nice on bass. That's how I'm using it now. :D
  • I stacked them both, the Sweet Baby ran into my Nocturne Atomic Brain, and from that into the Timmy. They worked together brilliantly.  

M :) 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    I can't remember if I stacked them or not. I generally run a flatter response pedal like a timmy into a middier one like a TS or SD1. :))
  • @johnonguitar I saw you tolling TGP with that picture. Nice one. I bet it actually sounded bloody good.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got an Ultimate Drive and set pretty much the same as @johnonguitar. Maybe gain down a little and volume up a little more, but tone at that 1pm sweet spot. It's not been 100% reliable, and is currently in bits waiting for me to replace the crappy internal ribbon cable, but other than that it's been fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyer;365488" said:
    @johnonguitar I saw you tolling TGP with that picture. Nice one. I bet it actually sounded bloody good.
    Haha yeah, the guys over there that sit in their basements jizzing over "sterile" sounds or "volume drops" on their ridiculously expensive boooteeek gear were probably sick in their mouths even having to look at such cheap crap haha

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    My AC Tone is nice to add some sparkle to my clean channel, i usually have it at the end of my chain as a kind of EQ. it does get hummy/noisy with the volume, voice and gain at 12 o'clock though, i had to send back the first one i had as after about 2 weeks it went super noisy at 10's.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7353
    edited October 2014
    The Deluxe Crunch is quite a challenging pedal... not that it doesn't deliver, but it makes you play classic Brit Rock licks cos it sounds like a HiWatt amp wound right up! So you have to be on the money with your shit...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>