Fenland

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6263
    edited September 2014
    You've not lived until you've played the working men's clubs in the Fens.
    Chatteris WMC used to be a regular gig for me back in the 90's .
    Driving back home after a gig in the winter, in the pitch black, on icy-roads that run parallel (and too close) to the dykes sure keeps the attention focused! 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15916
    one thing I miss having moved west is that biting easterly wind in winter, the sort of wind where's there's nothing between you and the North pole but the odd polar bear. Don't really get that here.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• vizviz Frets: 10781
    edited September 2014
    ... but since I settled here in the west, I quickly became accustomed to the warmer weather here.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Just watch out for all those Moomins running about. Pesky little things. 

Oh, hang about. Misread a vowel in the thread title there. 

Sorry. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31262
    edited September 2014
    mike_l said:
    equalsql said:
    The inhabitants can be an odd lot though, I remember being in a tobacconists in Wisbeach and a local walking in with quite literally a halo of flies buzzing around her greasy matted bonce. Boy was she  'ripe'. It was almost like a scene out of 'League Of Gentlemen''.
    The problem there is, you were in Wisbech......

My first game of cricket for MCC was in Wisbech. It was a 2 day game- the MCC team was skippered by the chairman of the playing committee- he and I were billeted in the local (multimillionaire)mayors house and the mayor was around 70 and his wife c 40....Hendo (said chairman) spent all night banging the mayors wife whilst the old boy slept. Hilarious, welcome to MCC away trips!!!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    VimFuego said:
    one thing I miss having moved west is that biting easterly wind in winter, the sort of wind where's there's nothing between you and the North pole but the odd polar bear. Don't really get that here.

We've put in a windbreak at Kings Lynn which has reduced this a lot.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom