Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? Resmastered

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Dig out your soul is a brilliant album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4071
    edited October 2014
    I enjoyed the Definitely Maybe re-issue, but this is the one for me.  Morning Glory was my favourite album when I was at school and got me into guitar music.  Also, the B-sides from this era are ridiculously good and better than some of the album tracks, and other band's album tracks!
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    It's not as good as Definitely Maybe imo, but I have a lot of nostalgia tied up in this album.

Having a quick look at the track listing, disc 2 seems better than disc 1 :D Underneath The Sky is my favourite thing they ever did
    All practice and no theory
  • Aquiesce is better than anything on the album itself, for my money.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Aquiesce is better than anything on the album itself, for my money.
    That, and Masterplan were always my favs.

I actually got into them a bit late (I was a fully signed up metal head when Oasis were big)
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 778
    I read somewhere that the Gallagher Brothers are worth £50 million between them. They have done very well indeed.
    :)>-
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    A press release I read for this remastered album said that the album has sold 22 million copies.
    (the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    What's the point in downloading a remaster? A cd and a set of floor standing speakers are what is required. Great album !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    I've got a cracking picture of me walking down Berwick Street. Great album.
  • Just looked at what's on CD 2, and it is vastly superior to CD 1...it's not even close! :)

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27776
    capo4th said:
    What's the point in downloading a remaster? A cd and a set of floor standing speakers are what is required. Great album !
    I can't fit a couple of thousand albums of .wavs on my phone!

320k mp3 sounds fine through my system at home.

Anyway, back on the subject of compression, I wonder if anyone can guess which is which... ;)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Deadman;368093" said:
    I've got a cracking picture of me walking down Berwick Street. Great album.
    That pic was taken on a Sunday morning or a bank holiday monday morning- sometime like that when it was sadly very quiet.

As someone who has always liked Berwick Street, I'd have preferred the album shot to have been taken with a few market stalls on the left hand side of the road.

They could even have named the album after the traditional Berwick Street chant of "All scoops a pahnd, ere ya go".
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17916
    tFB Trader
    I've just been ABing the tracks. 

The new mix is much better in terms of fidelity, but I can't help but think that that ridiculous pumping of the compression is part of the Oasis sound. It's kind of like the Andrew Loog Oldham "Wall of noise" approach he adopted with the Stones.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    There was something in the Metro the other day about a special edition of the remaster where you can download an app to put yourself on the album cover, and if you scan the real Berwick Street sign with your phone's camera then it releases additional content or something.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.