Favourite F/X

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    A phaser is clearly the best effect ever, so I'm afraid most of you are wrong.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3129
    EP Booster. smear on liberally... works with almost anything. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    The FX that is Axe.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4851
    Got to be my Voodoo labs microvibe. Instant Hendrix/Trower in a box.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    A phaser is clearly the best effect ever, so I'm afraid most of you are wrong.
    Correct sir, but must be a good one......Script logo phase90.....my fav......The block logoP90 ain't bad, just lacks a little something, I can't put my finger on, but would be ideal for jamming/gigging when everyone watching isn't fussed about the exact sound

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• EP Booster. smear on liberally... works with almost anything. 

what you said!
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • PyromanPyroman Frets: 58

@Pyroman

It's hard to narrow down really, I think different combinations of pedals work great for various music styles. My Ola chorus I love and it's even better on the Multi setting. I think I wanted to replicate tones from all the music that I like and basically had to get damn near every pedal type on the market(well not quite) to achieve it.

I'm still thinking of getting a Fuzz, just because I don't have one, I didn't think a Fuzz was necessary for my requirements at the time but I think I was wrong and a POG would be fun also. I will have to sound out the V2 Mustang you mentioned, sounds great with the ability to acheive a Baritone sound. Would a POG be a similar beast? I would have thought they were alike in function.

Fender calls it something odd and fancy sounding on the amp, but Damon referred to it as the intelligent pitch shifter.  I believe he was using one of the presets at the time as well.  Sounded fantastic with the Tele he was playing- a lot like Brad Paisley.

I've been trying to ignore the urge to upgrade my MIII to a V2...  and save my $$ for a Princeton reverb.  This doesn't help.

As for the POG, dunno- I've not looked into those.  The demos I have seen have all used it to make funky type noises.

I have the block logo P90.  So far I like it, but I'm not after recreating any exact sounds, nor do I have a script logo one to compare it to.  I do like it a fair bit better than the phaser on my Mustang.  Turned way down low, I can get EVH type phasey stuff, my favorite setting sounds like a combo of chorus and trem sorta.  Cranked, it kinda sounds jackhammer like.

The single knob has gotten me a bit interested in a micro chorus or micro flanger.  My Boss Flanger is SO tweakable that I get kinda lost looking for a specific sound...

In light of all the booster posts, I'll add my OCD.  A little (or a lot!) of that makes everything sound better!
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    Boss Space Echo.  Best pedal they've done I reckon.

Ibanez PT-9 phase is a close 2nd though.

@pyroman the block P90 is a great pedal, it just seems a little something, I can't put my finger on is missing, maybe I need to play with mine more......or maybe the scriptP90 has ruined me forever......

The microchorus is a great chorus pedal, I use mine loads. In fact I have it as part of my basic sound on 3 of my 6 banks of presets...

The microflanger is again an awesomes flanger pedal. I use mine for lower gain, more "classic rock" type sounds (Thin Lizzy etc)...

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    I like the guitar/amp with a drive pedal for variety usually, but a good chorus sound will lift anything if I'm otherwise out of ideas.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5902
    Pyroman said:

@Pyroman

It's hard to narrow down really, I think different combinations of pedals work great for various music styles. My Ola chorus I love and it's even better on the Multi setting. I think I wanted to replicate tones from all the music that I like and basically had to get damn near every pedal type on the market(well not quite) to achieve it.

I'm still thinking of getting a Fuzz, just because I don't have one, I didn't think a Fuzz was necessary for my requirements at the time but I think I was wrong and a POG would be fun also. I will have to sound out the V2 Mustang you mentioned, sounds great with the ability to acheive a Baritone sound. Would a POG be a similar beast? I would have thought they were alike in function.

Fender calls it something odd and fancy sounding on the amp, but Damon referred to it as the intelligent pitch shifter.  I believe he was using one of the presets at the time as well.  Sounded fantastic with the Tele he was playing- a lot like Brad Paisley.

I've been trying to ignore the urge to upgrade my MIII to a V2...  and save my $$ for a Princeton reverb.  This doesn't help.

As for the POG, dunno- I've not looked into those.  The demos I have seen have all used it to make funky type noises.

I have the block logo P90.  So far I like it, but I'm not after recreating any exact sounds, nor do I have a script logo one to compare it to.  I do like it a fair bit better than the phaser on my Mustang.  Turned way down low, I can get EVH type phasey stuff, my favorite setting sounds like a combo of chorus and trem sorta.  Cranked, it kinda sounds jackhammer like.

The single knob has gotten me a bit interested in a micro chorus or micro flanger.  My Boss Flanger is SO tweakable that I get kinda lost looking for a specific sound...

In light of all the booster posts, I'll add my OCD.  A little (or a lot!) of that makes everything sound better!

Ahhh, my brain went missing again, I forgot the Mustang is the Fender Modelling type Amp, I thought you were refering to a pedal. As for the POG I think they are quite versatile, but whether it can do the Baritone thing needs checking out. It's a fancy Octaver in esscence I think so it's possible.

Cheers.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • PyromanPyroman Frets: 58
    edited August 2013
    @mike_I ; When I bought mine, I didn't even know there were two versions...  I'd just heard all the good comments about it, and wanting a phaser, went and got it.  I tried it out, and eventually set it aside in frustration as I couldn't get the sound I wanted. ( turns out, I needed a flanger, not a phaser...)   When I decided to give it another go months later, it just so happened to be set in the sweet spot for the tone I had at the time, and bingo!  Now I got it!

I did the same thing you did- spoiling myself - with OD pedals.  My first was the Fulltone OCD.  Nothing else I've gotten since then has been quite as satisfying.  ( not for lack of trying!)  The one exception was Way Huge's Pork Loin- and I didn't buy it for some stupid reason.  When I went back for it, it was sold out. Grrr.

@Pyroman I had a Boss phaser for years, and while a very versatile pedal with an almost infinite range on sounds when NTDJ put his up for sale. Remembering the Dave Murray, one of my favourite guitarerists used a Phase 90 in the early 80's (Check The Number Of The Beast album) I quickly bought it. Fell in love with the sounds as soon as I tried it. Every position on the single control is useable and very awesomes.

In comparison the Boss had a load of, frankly, stupidly OTT settings, and if was easy to go from nice to ridiculous......

I got the block logo P90 so I have a phaser to take with me and (ab)use when I'm not at home. (Don't want to risk losing/breaking the S-P90)  

• Bought a ditto looper that sits in the effects loop. Great pedal for getting inspired.
  • Wah (Crybaby or Weeping Demon)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3667
    ragingben said:
    My all time favorite is the WMD Geiger Counter, every time you use it you find a sound in there you have never heard before that inspires you to just play. In terms of practical it is probably a compressor in general, and although I haven't had it long the G-Labs BC-1 is really floating my boat, always on in one form or another.
    Just got mine. Love it.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    mike_l said:

Does anyone (other than me) have a specific effect they reach for when they're stumped?

Yep. It's called 'acoustic'. If it isn't happening with all the gear on, then it's time for either an unplugged electric or grabbing my battered S & P acoustic guitar. 

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903
    mike_l said:

Does anyone (other than me) have a specific effect they reach for when they're stumped?

Yep. It's called 'acoustic'. If it isn't happening with all the gear on, then it's time for either an unplugged electric or grabbing my battered S & P acoustic guitar. 

Last gig I did was a bit of both, acoustic but through my memory lane junior and not much more. lovely lush tape like delays with sweet feedback that goes on forever. No need to leave your pedalboard at home when playing acoustic!
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    it used to be chorus but these days if im stumped then i'll be reaching for the delay!
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1826
    Hard to choose but whittling it down I'd say I use mainly delay, reverb, tremolo and OD of course :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/