What's Hot
124»

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    I fear I would do exactly that.....
    good,  what time can I expect you ?  

:) 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited May 2023
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited April 1
    I like the channel's simplicity, short consistent videos without much chat. The perfect guitar comparison type video. Don't forget the Larrivee's lol..  

Ziricote - have never tried it!
    It produces a lovely sound but for acoustics as it is so heavy it needs to thinned quite a lot and can be prone to cracking. 

Saying that I played a Sitka/Ziricote Beneteau OM which was one of the finest sounding guitars I have ever played. 

I have been listening to a lot of Richard Thompson of late and remembered you mentioning this... I would love to try ziricote...... That song "Vincent black lightning" (amongst others) is great storytelling.

I am loving this moon spruce & Bhilwara more and more. It sounds like the heavens have opened up with new strings on - rosewood harmonics and bass with mahogany's mid range and grunt. It's really special. 

And get this!! I never noticed until I changed the strings recently that it's signed by Jean Larrivee himself, who worked on this specific guitar! How cool is that.... Being a fanboy, this makes it even more special to me.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom