cheapest place on the high St to buy new crap and cheap dinner plates?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• There's a reason that every student flat in the UK is filled with kit from ikea. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Ikea or Sainsburys. There's always loads of homeware on sale in Sainsburys, just browse the red tags.
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    edited October 2014
    Tiger.

www.tigerstores.co.uk
  • Grunfeld said:
    I am still using the same tin enamel plate which I got for camping 35 years ago.  It's a bit dented but it wont break.  If you live alone, like I do, you don't even need a second one.  Got it in Millets.  Absolute bargain.
    Having survived on the same two plates for the last 10 years new girl friend "found" some bone china plates in the back of one of my cupboards and insists thats what we use now, whats that all about?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    Grunfeld said:
    I am still using the same tin enamel plate which I got for camping 35 years ago.  It's a bit dented but it wont break.  If you live alone, like I do, you don't even need a second one.  Got it in Millets.  Absolute bargain.
    Having survived on the same two plates for the last 10 years new girl friend "found" some bone china plates in the back of one of my cupboards and insists thats what we use now, whats that all about?
    Obviously it's time to take a close look at the new girlfriend's wanton extravagance and profligate lifestyle.  You need to watch that one... ;-)
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2014

Are not the cheap plates made out of smelted lead from China.  Erm, the same as the expensive ones are?

Plates aside, I found had to cut down on the aluminium pans, especially when my kettle broke and I was boiling a cup of coffee in them every half hour.

What?  Where am I?

I do sometimes toy with the idea of getting girly mugs from 99p Stores, just so as I look more approachable to women.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4954
    Nobody has mentioned Matalan?