Ed Sheeran in court again for alleged plagiarism

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• GoFishGoFish Frets: 1771
    The Pulp thing above is very cool. It reminds me of the Austrian electro pop song, Codo, that is claimed to be the inspirtion for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme tune:

Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20535
    edited May 2023
    Thankfully for music generally, Sheeran's win was a good result. 
    Reserving my judgement on his tunes though  ;)

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    Good news, I think.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10930
    Like I say, he knows what to rip off and how

A good day for music, and a bad day for music ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    I haven't read the thread, but he's threatened to retire if he loses so fingers crossed! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74397
    joneve said:
    I haven't read the thread, but he's threatened to retire if he loses so fingers crossed! 
    Bit late - he won ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    oh FFS. haha. 

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1163
    To have to take his guitar on a stand to court to show the judge the songs are different is a new one. I know he uses 4 chords and kinda recycles the progressions but he's a good artist and I can see why he sells a lot of records.

As a guitar teacher he's responsible for bring me a few new learners each year who want to play his style of music - capo'd steel string acoustic 4 open chord shape progression songs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thingthing Frets: 474
    To have to take his guitar on a stand to court to show the judge the songs are different is a new one. I know he uses 4 chords and kinda recycles the progressions but he's a good artist and I can see why he sells a lot of records.

As a guitar teacher he's responsible for bring me a few new learners each year who want to play his style of music - capo'd steel string acoustic 4 open chord shape progression songs.

Yeah I love the guy, got lots of work through his popularity when I was teaching. Same with Noel Gallagher.
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1459
    I binge watched the 4 part series on Disney + last night. While heavily edited etc etc I can’t help liking the guy. His music doesn’t do much for me but, and here’s the but, it shows quite a lot about his process. Fuck em all, music is music and long May that continue. I am of the view that disgruntled folks are seriously looking to lawyers to maximise £. Sod them. Am I right in thinking that it’s Sherman 2, lawyers nil? What about other cases?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6931

There’s a bit more to what he does than that.